ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First project car (clio 1.6 16v mkII)

megane,ph22xswiftgti
Good afternoon,
I am thinking of buying a renault clio 1.6 16v 3-door as my first track toy/car. I heard they are quite reliable, even on track, without modifying things such as engine, cooling and similar things. I thought about modifying it around suspension, brakes tyres and then slowly go on. What would be your reccomendations? Are the gearboxes fragile and is short shifter worth it? Is the engine original cooling system alright? Are 3-door and 5-door versions the same? I have some for sale that are crashed, but the engine and similar stuff look alright, so i could throw things around if the 3-door clio has any faults. The car is 20 years old, i espect some rust underneath and similar stuff...
This is how I would like to modify it. I do NOT OWN THIS CLIO, AND IT IS NOT FOR SALE, found it on instagram!!!
Thanks!
1619129747716.png
1619129768349.png

1619129728577.png
1619129784700.png

Clio MK2 ph3 1.6
Go with the k4m engine (phase 2/3) is the only advice I can give as the earlier k7m commonly suffers with head gasket going especially if your tracking it