ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Service.

My clio 172 goes in for its first service on friday, does anyone know what they change in this serive,

Wes

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not much, Oil, oil Filter, pollen filter, top up screenwash.

Spark plugs dont need done till 70,000 miles or so.

spark plugs 70,000 ????

mine were (or some were) donald ducked at 25,000 (allegedly) hence my failed emissions...and MOT

plus they said they needed doing at 36,000 ???

Quote: Originally posted by Wes24v on 06 August 2003
so why they charging £140 for a serive then, 

Good question - got mine done 2 weeks ago and cost me £190 :(

Yeah, make sure they change the pollen filter which should be done every 12,000 miles, because until I showed them my service schedule in the handbook they were convinced it didnt need doing.

The parts themselves are quite cheap, the bulk of the cost is in labour.

What annoys me is that I am quite capable of doing the service myself, but it must be done by a garage to maintain the warranty.

Chris.

well hopefully it shouldnt cost to much hopefully, but they are changing a heat shelid, lower arm hopefully under warranty

Quote: Originally posted by Wes24v on 06 August 2003
was there anything wrong with yours apart from the normal?

No nothing at all.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Renault build quality thats what causes it.

but to be more precise its either a heat sheild of baffle in the cat.

Wes, well Ive been told the 4k rattle is caused by the heatshield round the exhaust. They ordered a new bolt which they fitted last week, but the rattle is still there. The car is going back in Wednesday next week for them to have another try at fixing it. Quite a few people on here have had the same problem, but some have had the mid section of the exhaust changed whilst others have had the heatshield tweaked.