ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first try with nikon d40

mk5 fiesta zetec s
just thought id post a couple of pictures up with my new camera let me know what ya think chaps.

DSC_0082.jpg

just a field near me

DSC_0084.jpg

picture of my mate above

DSC_0076.jpg

Front of my car

DSC_0083.jpg

Nikon D700
you need to try a few lenses fisrt, go into jessops and pretend you want to buy them, have a play, and find them cheaper online.

Ian

Focus TDCi
I'd try taking some shots during daylight to begin with, it's a lot harder in low light. For example, the second photo of your mate has come out blurred due to a long exposure being needed. You can get some cool effects with long eposures (see the motorway bridge thread), but without a tripod chances are the images won't come out well. As a tip if you don't have a tripod I'd try resting it on a wall or similar.

Also, the picture of your car is underexposed as the flash has highlighted the reflective numberplate and has cast everything else into darkness to compensate. If you can I'd take it off auto and put it on to Shutter priority or even Program mode and choose a longer exposure, with no flash and a fairly high ISO; that should bring out more detail in the rest of the car.

In general the white balance is a bit too orangey for me, but that's easily adjusted, either using an pre-defined setting, or setting the custom white balance by taking a photo of a white piece of paper or something.

The fourth shot has most potential for me, I'd just keep going and experimenting and you'll learn so much. Hope I've said some things that will help you anyway dude.

In terms of lenses, if you want to buy new try:

www.camerapricebuster.co.uk, or
www.jessops.com
www.jacobsdigital.co.uk
www.amazon.co.uk etc etc

Ian
:)

mk5 fiesta zetec s
cheers bud sum decent advice there :) am new to the camera world so i need as much help as i can lol.

thanks for all the sites mate wouldnt mind a lense with abit of zoomage.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Lol, no worries, I'm only just beginning to get to grips myself so don't take my word as gospel. Best thing to do is to read the stickies at the top written by Ukaskew etc.. they've got some good tips. Also the manual that came with the camera.

Depends how far you want to zoom, but I'd look at something like a 70-300 by Nikon or Sigma if they're available. I don't have a Nikon or a zoom lens myself yet so can't really say more than that.

Also, if you're not on Flickr I'd get an account and browse round the Explore section, best source of inspiration there is. You can usually click "more properties" at the right hand side of each photo to see what settings were used too.

mk 2 172
befor you buy a different lense id get to grip with the camera and lense as it is. well thats wot im doing anyway.

good luck