ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting 172 grill. how to remove/fit?

Mazda MX5 1.8
got myself a 172 grill to replace my dynamique grill (from teamthink - thank you! :))

so how do u remove the std one and fit the new one?

thanks

Megane225FF
IIRC there's about 8 clips around the outside (of which i broke 2), but i took the grille out when the bumper was off the car

Astra SRi T
it just unclips, need a lot of pulling to get the bottom bit off, the 172 one just fits str8 on, took me about 15 minutes to do it

wxmlad said:
it just unclips, need a lot of pulling to get the bottom bit off, the 172 one just fits str8 on, took me about 15 minutes to do it

unclips , also 2 screws on top , also ur boot censor needs to be removed i think .:S

Da

Less
no, kully is referring to the 172/182's i believe. Mine certainly doesn't have one!

Mazda MX5 1.8
ah dont panic...... found it in my haynes manual

but jeeze it says its a bumper off job! sod that....... gonna try it with it on 1st see how it goes

Mazda MX5 1.8
well ive just got in from doing it

bumper had to come off....... couldnt get my hand down the back far enough to undo all the clips

then found out theres a little plastic blocker thing that stops water getting to the alternater but it didnt fit on the 172 one properly so cable tied that on. and my god the bungs in the wheel arches! grrrrrrrrrrr lol

fitted now anyway! looks good! just hope nothing falls off........

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
bumper off lol, 2min job into 40min job :D well played anyway, will look lots better!

Mazda MX5 1.8
b3nje said:
bumper off lol, 2min job into 40min job

more like 2 hours! lol

trying to get those damn bungs out was a pain...... as was the fact i forgot about the alternater cover completely after i had fitted the bumper back on so had to take it all off again

and it was in the dark and i lost a screw for ages

other than that........ it went swimmingly well :rolleyes:

Chocolate Bar™
lmao at removing the bumper!

i did it in about 20 mins when fitting my new grille, and whilst i had no skin on my knuckles from the air conditioning pipes i did manage it using a convenient piece of wood to press the lugs in with :)

R35 GTR
I was too chicken to remove bumper, but did it first time today, and its really easy. Better with two people to refit the bumper.