ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting 17cm Speakers to my Mk1

Hi people.
Ive got a lovely set of Audiobahn ACX-653 (17cm) 3 way speakers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience of fitting a set of 17cm speakers with a huge magnet into the clio door?

I have worked out the speaker is ok for Clearance of the Window winder, its just the depth and cutting im worried about, cos i wouldnt wanna cut the hole and end up not being able to fit them.

350z & 16v Maxi

Ive got 17" Polk Momo speakers in my 95 Clio 16v, had to cut bigger holes but they are fine. And they have BIG magnets.

oh yeh, Mine dont even have standard speaker holes in the doors as its a Fidji model which only came with the crappy 10cm speakers in the dash.

Gona get some 10cm Pioneer TSEs aswell as my audiobahns and cap them off at to about 300hz upwards.

Polk Momo - Bottom mounting depth 3 1/16" (7.78cm)

Audiobahn ACX653 - Bottom mounting depth 2 3/4" (7cm)

Mine should be fine then :)

Just the cutting of the inner door that im not too happy about..

Do you know if theirs a gap between the metal that the speaker mounts to and the door card where the grille is going ? as im not sure weather ill need to make some MDF collars to move the speaker out a bit.

I just hope i can get them in cos after that the whole system is totally straight forward.

does anyone know what tools ill need to cut the speaker holes in the inner door metal bit??

and weather their is a gap between the inner door metal bit and the door card???

does anyone know what tools ill need to cut the speaker holes in the inner door metal bit??

and weather their is a gap between the inner door metal bit and the door card??

I was thinking about making some sort of MDF trims to go just around the speaker to raise it out a little bit.