ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting a BOOST gauge

172 turbo & BMW 1m
at the moment i have a greddy boost controler fitted and i i just got a boost gauge can i take a feed of the hose the goes into the boost controler or do i have to feed a new hose through the bulkhead to engine?

not sure if doing it this way will f**k up the boost readings

cheers

DMS

A thirsty 172
Doesn't your boost controller act as a boost gauge? As in show the boost level at any given time? Mine does, although mine's a Gizzmo MS-IBC.
If so, I wouldn't bother fitting a boost gauge personally. However if you still want to fit it, I'd say feeding a new hose is the better solution but I'm not 100% sure.

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Doesn't your boost controller act as a boost gauge? As in show the boost level at any given time? Mine does, although mine's a Gizzmo MS-IBC.
If so, I wouldn't bother fitting a boost gauge personally. However if you still want to fit it, I'd say feeding a new hose is the better solution but I'm not 100% sure.

i wanted it to show what psi i was running my boost controller doesn't show that

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
id take a new feed you dont want to interfere with any readings your boost controller is getting

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Mate just fit a T piece and tap off a new vacuum feed to your new boost gauge.

At the end of the day it's only vac lines on my feed from the inlet manifold I had the FPR, dumpvalve and boost controler/gauge all running without any problems.

Or swap out your boostcontroller for something with a display.

172 turbo & BMW 1m
Mate just fit a T piece and tap off a new vacuum feed to your new boost gauge.

At the end of the day it's only vac lines on my feed from the inlet manifold I had the FPR, dumpvalve and boost controler/gauge all running without any problems.

Or swap out your boostcontroller for something with a display.

did you have the t piece installed on the vacum line inside the car or did u put the t piece on the vacum line close the inlet manifold

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
Realistically you only have two pressure sources in the engine bay.

One is at the compressor housing, but you need to remove a grub screw and fit a brass hose connector. Both me and DMS used this source to connect to the boost controller solenoid.

The other is on the inlet manifold. From this you need to connect your fuel pressure regulator, if you have a dumpvale it needs to go here, your boost controller reference also needs to go here.

Whether you t piece it in the engine bay or at the rear of your boost controller it won't make a difference. I am surprised that you boost controller doesn't already have a display? and I'd consider fitting one in it's place that does.

What make is your controller?