ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a mk 1 handbrake

Ok. So I got £15 Halfords vouchers for christmas and had not actually spent them yet. Today I decided to go and spend it as the vouchers have been clogging up my wallet for long enough. Witha little extra money added I bought a Ripspeed handbrake, it has a small carbon fibre bit near the end.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1080001768__carpics128.jpg

Ok this isnt actually mine but this is how it looks :)

Anyway I am wondering if it is possible to put this into a mk1 ph3 clio. I forgot that my clio has a squared button when I bought this. So before I go cutting up the handbrake cover I want to be sure that the button can be replaced with the circular one that came with this handbrake.

Thanks in advance

MattyK

youll be fine mate, when u cut down the original handbrake cover down the centre, be sure that the lever inside doesnt fall down, cos theres a small spring thats held in place so hold the whole thing tight when ur cutting it, then when its cut through, slowly pull it off, and hold the button and lever inside the main frame of the handbrake arm together, the square button pulls off to expose a smaller quared end to the inner arm, that will fit perfectly up to the rear of the round new button, so fit the shaft over and get all the tool ready then allen key it home.

sounds easy but i messed mine up by not noticing there was a inside lever so the spring when flying and i cant find it, sogoing to have to go to the scrappy tmrw and get another one

Ok tried fitting it. It didnt fit on =/ My friend is making the inside of the new handbrake cover larger at his work tomorrow so it will hopefully fit.

Just one more thing. The rear of the new round button is sort of a half sphere (going inwards) Im assumig the squared bit under the old button will just work anyway! :p