ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting aftermarket window switches

Clio 172
Hi all,

I am currently using the stock drivers window switches which I have relocated to the dash, but looking to change them to a nicer aftermarket switch set.
The switches that I will be using are K698. Does anyone know if its possible to use the stock loom to make these switches work, or will I have to wire directly to window motors and bypass the MTU?

Last night I did have a go at wiring the passenger window up. Somehow managed to wire in a way that either up or down input turned the side lights on :ROFLMAO:
If anyone can share any info on how to wire these up it'll be appreciated

Thanks in advance
James

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hi all,

I am currently using the stock drivers window switches which I have relocated to the dash, but looking to change them to a nicer aftermarket switch set.
The switches that I will be using are K698. Does anyone know if its possible to use the stock loom to make these switches work, or will I have to wire directly to window motors and bypass the MTU?

Last night I did have a go at wiring the passenger window up. Somehow managed to wire in a way that either up or down input turned the side lights on :ROFLMAO:
If anyone can share any info on how to wire these up it'll be appreciated

Thanks in advance
James

You definitely can use these wires, I once owned a mk2ph1 with a retrospective electric window install, I managed to install sport door cards and standard switches, but this was about 10 years ago so I’m afraid that’s about all I remember.