ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting amp and subs

hey im bout to buy an amp and subs, but i have no idea how to fit them. Do i plug the amp into the back of the head unit in the phono looking leads and then the subs into the amp? can i do this without effecting any of the other speakers in the car?

also if i have two set of outs can i put the amp in one set and a pair of 6x9s in the other, or will i need and adaptor to fit both 6x9s?

hope uno wat i mean

ne help is cool

jon

there should be a blue wire on the back of your head unit (remote)join a wire from that to your amp then the leads that look like phono leads are rcas they obviously go from head unit to your amp then your posotive and earth hope that helps you

right - what products are needed (in leymans terms)

power cable - needs to be run from battery to whereever the amp is to be mounted

earth cable - of same guage cable as power cable

remote cable (in most wiring kits this is blue) - this is connected to the head unit (blue or blue/white cable) and to the amp, this carries a signal from the head unit to the amp to tell it to work

RCA cables (the ones you described as looking like phono cables) - these again go from the head unit to the amp, this time though they tell the amp what music to play

Speaker cable - run from amp to whatever speakers you are using