ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting an aftermarket stereo

Titanium 182
In the Clio atm I've got a standard headunit which I'm looking to replace with the Alpine iPod one I got for my 17th better a couple of years ago (sentimental value, plus it's always good to have an iPod streaming).

Thing is, I still want to have the steering wheel column controls to work, and also the upper display on the dashboard if I can. I know there's a simple wiring kit I can get from Halfords, but I'm told I have to take the whole top half of the dashboard out to get to the main wire which leads to the steering column controls, is this right?!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yep, just shows the time/temp. Not sure if the controls work with only one of the wires connected though. It's very easy to remove the dash top, makes fitting the stereo easier as well.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
I'm told I have to take the whole top half of the dashboard out to get to the main wire which leads to the steering column controls, is this right?!
That is right. It wont be the longest part of the job though. For me, getting my Pioneer to fit in length ways was a right pain!

The only display you'll get in the upper display is the time (and temp). Though my friend's girlfriend has an adapter for her stalk that makes the display say "Pioneer" then the time.

Clio Sport 182
you can buy the adaptors to show whats playin up on the upper display and also use the remote and you don't have to take the dash top out either.. proving your alpine is display ready and you get the correct leads there about 90.00 from alpine retailers