ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting bucket seats

Newbie004

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I have some cobra bucket seats to fit to my 182. I have bought the clio subframes but was just wondering if I need to buy any nuts and bolts to fix them in the car. Can I use the fixings from the original seat to fit the sub frame to the car? Sorry if this has been covered before but couldn't find any pictures or info on the fixings required.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
When I did mine the only bolts it came with was to fix the seat to the side mounts. A lot of the bolts in my original frames were welded on. You will need bolts to attach the side mounts to the sub frame and more to attach the frame to the car. I used high tensile bolts (12.9) M8 x 25mm for the side mounts to the frames (you will need more if your running runners) and 12.9 m8 x 50mm for the frame to the car. I actually found the 50mm's too long as on mine the top 10mm or so wasn't threaded but that depends on which ones you get I guess. Also used thick washers and locking nuts. Hope that helps.

You want high tensile set screws not bolts, your local screw fix or toolstation will do them for peanuts. Think they're 8.8 tensile, the same as what's on the car OE.

Newbie004

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Thanks for the advice. I have got runners for the seats and I have bolted runners to frame and seats on to the runners so that side of it is sorted. I know the original seats bolt from underneath into the frames so imagined the oe frames would have captive nuts which holds the frame to the floor of the car. So wanted to get fixings ordered so I can just remove the old seats and do all the work in one hit. So high tensile 50mm m8 bolts and I guess some m8 nuts with a couple of washers should do the job?

Clio 182, EvoX FQ360
These are the ones that I went for after @bloke posted the link up for me. They worked a treat for my first fitting. I went for 35mm and they were just about long enough to use the OEM nuts under the car. I have just bought some 50mm ones as we've modified an extinguisher mount to use the seat bolts and fix in the passenger foot well.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
These are the ones that I went for after @bloke posted the link up for me. They worked a treat for my first fitting. I went for 35mm and they were just about long enough to use the OEM nuts under the car. I have just bought some 50mm ones as we've modified an extinguisher mount to use the seat bolts and fix in the passenger foot well.

same ones i used

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Is it possible to use captive nuts so you don't need the car in the air to remove the seats every time or is that what the low profile sub frames do is become the new permanent fixing point so you just whip the side mounts out and seat out as one.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Is it possible to use captive nuts so you don't need the car in the air to remove the seats every time or is that what the low profile sub frames do is become the new permanent fixing point so you just whip the side mounts out and seat out as one.
Correct.