ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting fibreglass boot

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
People that have a fibreglass on a tailgate on a 172/182 how have they fitted it? I have one of Hals off here and I expected it to come with the original top hinge mounts in place and I would just use aerocatches on the bottom but there is nothing on the top. Have others modified the top so its like oe and fixed it to the hinges or used pins at the top somewhere. Only place I could see to use pins would mean I couldn't run a spoiler which I don't want to do. Any help appreciated.

Have a look at this photo to see how I have mounted mine on the Cliopreza. Used Aerocatches on the sides, and ordinary bonnet pins at the top, right up through the tailgate and the spoiler. Looks as if I might be able to use Aerocatches at the top, too, which would be neater.

20121120141208.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks guys, fixing through the spoiler is something I wanted to avoid, aerocatches as per the first picture is a given.
Tony thanks mate will pm them, I've text Hal for advice but no response.
Russ

I asked Hal when I collected mine and he showed me the marks which you drill out to swap the hinges over, then you cut out the little embossed square on the other side to get access to the nut and job done :) I should be doing mine early next week when I get the shell back so if you are still stuck then I will get some photos as I fit it.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks bigash, looked on toast frenzy's project thread and that's how he's done it. Just finishing mine now but its all drilled and mounted including the spoiler and boot handle. Just waiting on my aerocatches for the bottom now.
Russ

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
It fits as per standard. Just need to cut the squares out at the top off the panel.