ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Front Fog Lights

Hi,

My son has just bought a Renault Fog lamp kit for his Clio 1.2 MK2 expression.

The instructions show two ways of fitting depending on any wiring allready factory fitted. On my sons we had the wiring loom allready there so only have to fitt the front cable and change the switch stalk on the steering wheel and change a relay.

My problem is I ca not cannot find the bank of relays inside the car, it shows a row of six and number 3 being the one to change. A few people have said to fit the supplied wiring loom but there are wires allready there and the instructions clear show that you dont need to use it.

Any ideas would be really appreciated.

thanks Nick

172 cup'd extreme

There are no relays in the car, the wiring for the fogs is on the loom on some and not on others, there is a connector with 4 wires going to the nearside fog and then two wires from that going through the bumper to the offside ,if their are any relays to be changed they will be in the fuse box in the engine bay.

Da

Less

same problem myself a year ago mate. Some cars are pre-equipped and some arent. The wiring thats up behind the bumper didnt actually go anywhere and I had to ignore this and install the complete loom from the kit. The easiest way to tell if yours is pre-equipped is to look at the wiring plug on the stalk. If the cable is present there then you shouldnt need the full loom. Also check the fuse box for the blank way. If pre-equipped the blank way for front fogs should have the metal inserts in it, if not it will just be an empty hole.

Ps have we spoke already (ebay)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 11 April 2005

Ps have we spoke already (ebay)

Yes it was me who emailed you about the fog lamps, the instructions are really bad but it does look like the wire to the switch is present. It looks like the first wire on the left at the top from the picture can you confirm this?

Not sure about the fuse, I will have a look tommorrow when the car is here.

Thanks

Nick.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 11 April 2005

Also check the fuse box for the blank way. If pre-equipped the blank way for front fogs should have the metal inserts in it, if not it will just be an empty hole.
Hi I have had a look at the fuse box and there is no metal inserts so I will fit the whole loom on saturday. Im not sure about the switch wire as there is a wire going to pin one allready.

Thanks for your help

Nick

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 13 April 2005

Hi mate, howd ya get on with them?
What a nightmare, I have fitted the loom as instructions wire 12 on the instrument panal and A1 on the fog light switch. The hard part was getting the wires through to the inside of the car.

When you turn the switch the warning light for the front fogs lights up but you get a horrible buzzing sound from the green relay, and you guest it the lights dont work.

Help!!!!

Da

Less

Hmm...strange one that, I had no problems with mine. How have you earthed the loom mate?

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 16 April 2005

Hmm...strange one that, I had no problems with mine. How have you earthed the loom mate?
A bolt beside the right wing and I am getting a good earth.

Where did you earth yours?

Could it just be a faulty relay?

Da

Less

Could be a faulty relay yes mate, have you got a multi meter to check the connections of the relay base? I earthed mine in the same place. Could try moving the earth directly onto the battery -ve terminal.

Where are you based?

Quote: Originally posted by Daz_2427 on 16 April 2005

Could be a faulty relay yes mate, have you got a multi meter to check the connections of the relay base? I earthed mine in the same place. Could try moving the earth directly onto the battery -ve terminal.

Where are you based?

Ok. Sorted it got another relay same problem put the earth to the battery as you suggested and they work dont know why but they do !!

Thanks for your help your a star.

Im in Harrogate,North Yorkshire by the way.

Nick

Da

Less

Cool mate, Im near Skipton myself. Glad you got it sorted, its probably just a dodgy earth where you first tried it.

:D