ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PH1 Fog Lights...

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
Hey, been trawling through a lot of old threads & still don't really have any idea!

Basically - like everyone else with a Ph1 I think it looks better with front fogs, so have just bought a pair on ebay. Each lamp has two wires coming out of the back
B/c I'm a bit ocd - and having non-functional exterior lights is an MOT fail - I want to wire them up so they come on with the main beam (when you pull the indicator stalk towards you).

I've done this before on an old 106 with some aftermarket fogs & apart from wiring them in I didn't have to do anything else like fuses, relays etc - hoping it's the same with clios?

If anyone's curious the 106 was my 18-year old attempt at making a road rally car lol

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
I think that only applies to additional light (eg if you were to put rally style lamps in the middle of the grille). As they're oem foglights it's a fail if they don't work I believe.

Besides the point though as I want them to work haha!

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
While we're at it...they also don't screw into the holes behind the blanking plates, is there a carrier/bit of extra plastic I'm missing?

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
Update:
Searched high & low but can't find the official renault kit for wiring these in, so will be getting a generic aftermarket jobby.
Gotten round the screws not screwing into anything in the bumper, there are holes to mount the fogs but the screws aren't big enough to bite. Bought some thin 5mm bolts with nuts and some washers, a lot of swearing later they're good & secure

Next job is wiring in, will update with progress

CLS, RS MEG
I have a ph1 fog light loom somewhere sat in an envelope, someone on here asked for them but pulled out. If any use?

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
I have a ph1 fog light loom somewhere sat in an envelope, someone on here asked for them but pulled out. If any use?
That might come in useful - would I need to replace the indicator stalk to use it or can that be bypassed so they come on with main beam? Not especially keen on wiring stuff into the cabin

CLS, RS MEG
That might come in useful - would I need to replace the indicator stalk to use it or can that be bypassed so they come on with main beam? Not especially keen on wiring stuff into the cabin
The standard loom for the spots plugged into pre wired connector on the car loom near the horn (left wheel arch), so unsure how you would hard wire it from scratch..

Clio Mk2 PH1 Grande
So was changing headlight bulbs this morning & thought might as well take a look for the loom connector for the fogs, doesn't appear to be one!

It's a mk2 ph1 1.2 grande - this one of the models that didn't have the loom connector?