ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Headunit

350z, Subaru Legacy
Ok, so tried fitting my new Alpine headunit complete with cables for the audio remote stalk - and hey presto: no power, the thing is dead. So I unplugged it and tried the renault one back in there. Nothing. Ok maybe it's a fuse - checked the fuse for the cd player (which i replaced the other day) and it looks fine!

Stumped, and gutted as i have a 3 hour drive tomorrow and neither head units will work now! :(

Please help!!

106GTI / NovaC20LET
There is a chance, i blew the fuse on my cigarette lighter before and it took a few other things with it. For the sake of 5mins id have a look at all of them, just remeber to only take 1 out at a time so you dont end up putting them in wrong place lol

Monaco
Get some pictures up, it will help; cables with alpine headunit, how you connected it, etc.

Astra Twintop
Swap the red and yellow wires over that should sort it.

As in Red > Yellow & Yellow > Red

Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
Swap the red and yellow wires over that should sort it.

As in Red > Yellow & Yellow > Red

if this was the case the unit would still work, just no memory. It has to be a fuse, find a diagram which tells you what fuse does what, i found one by searching on google. more than likely a red 10a or yellow 20a fuse, cant remember which

Astra Twintop
When i had mine, with yellow>yellow etc the unit was dead.

Had to swap wires in both my Alpines ive had.

Try the fuse that looks a bit like a plug with arrows in it. I think that deals with the interior electrics (20/Yellow One - 3rd up from bottom far side iirc)

Clio 2.0 16v 172 Sport
Try the fuse that looks a bit like a plug with arrows in it. I think that deals with the interior electrics (20/Yellow One - 3rd up from bottom far side iirc)

thats the one! just had a look on mine. the fact the original head unit doesnt work tells me it must be fuse. check if the inline power on the headunit has a seperate fuse also

350z, Subaru Legacy
Cheers for all the quick responses, looks like I've been a complete noob - there were a couple of wires for the power on the alpine ISO adapter that weren't connected out of the box. Plugged those together and Its working! Annoyed that I didnt notice them before, big sigh of relief for tomorrow's roadtrip! :cool:

Slightly miffed tho as the Alpine website said you could change the headunit display colour to orange, but it only changes the 4 big buttons, the rest is red. The whole thing lit up green looks quite good tho... maybe i'll change all my dash lights to green lol :rasp: