ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting itg panel filter

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Q1. as a mechanical dumbass does the ITG just replace old one so i just pull it out and stick it in

Q2. i bought mine second hand and has done 600 miles on it, i assume i dont need to clean it but for future reference whats best to clean it with

Boz

Arctic 182
Yes just replaces original panel filter, easy job but you'll need a torx head screwdriver socket (star shaped type things rather than phillips etc).

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
is it supposed to have a residue on it its kinda sticky?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i c never thought about that, lol, just gotta find myself appropriate screwdriver

RenaultSport 182
I'm also thinking about doing this, but whats the risk in me fitting it the wrong way or not clipping anything back together properly? Or is it a fairly idiot proof job?

sorry for the Hi-Jack.

Rick

1.2 16v Dynamique.
just take note of how it comes off in the first place. cant go wrong really as its probably the easiest mod you can do! good luck

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
oooh i want one, is it possible to fit one to a 1.2 right wat will it do other than just be better at stopping dust. cheers.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
oooh i want one, is it possible to fit one to a 1.2 right wat will it do other than just be better at stopping dust. cheers.
I have a BMC performance filter on my 1.2 16v
To be honest im not sure if theres much difference from the standard filter. The car feels slightly quicker but still sounds the same. If I was you I would go the induction route. You can get these from ktec.
Back in the day when I had a mk2 xr2 I had an itg filter on that and it was top draw. Sounded lovely and went like the clappers! But unfortunately they dont make one for our 1.2's. :(