ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting matched inlets

Clio 200 Cup
Is there a guide on how to fit matched inlets? Im thinking about buying a set from k-tec for my 172 Cup, just a bit worried about disturbing the injectors incase I manage to break something.

Any advice?

Cheers,

Kev

Not complicated at all, injectors are very simple, just take your time and make sure you pay attention to where everything went, and make sure it goes back there.

Hardest part is removing & refitting the lower due to the inaccessibility of a few of the bolts, the upper is dead easy.

Oh and you WILL forget to plug the throttle back in ;)

340i
The lower part is a pain, especially the bolt to the side recessed in the Alternator mount iirc!

VRS
The lower part is a pain, especially the bolt to the side recessed in the Alternator mount iirc!

that one got me stuck for hours :( kept teasing up the jack under the engine in an attempt to get a good view and purchase on it, hoping to god i didnt hear the sump crack each time i jacked it up lol

i ended up drilling a socket in the side, squeezing it on then putting a screwdriver through the hole to loosen it, mine was a fooking tight siezed mofo of a bolt :(

got there in the end tho haha

didn't think it was too bad on mine

was also a little worried about damaging the injector seals and squirted them with WD before pulling the rail out. also made sure the tubes they live in were clean and lightly greased the seals before putting it back - all fine

only minor nause was having to clean the ports out as the debris that was sat ontop of the lower inlet fell in as it came off - so good idea to give that a good scrub before disturbing it

Jap Shed
~IM halfway thru doing mine.. think i should have left it to the professionals as im having a mare! not even managed to take them off yet!