ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting New Pedals

Im off to purchase some Momo pedals later on for my clio. How do i fit them, i take it i have to take off the existing renault clio ones. Do they bolt on? Any thing to look out for etc?

Thanks

clio 1.4 sport
ive a set of momo pedals here to put on my mark2 phase1 looks like there gonna need drilled before bolting on- anyone anytips b4 i start lol also there seems to be like a metal plate for underneath each of the pedals anyone anyidea what thats exactly for?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
belfastchris said:
ive a set of momo pedals here to put on my mark2 phase1 looks like there gonna need drilled before bolting on- anyone anytips b4 i start lol also there seems to be like a metal plate for underneath each of the pedals anyone anyidea what thats exactly for?

You mean the metal plates under the pedal rubbers ?? These are your pedals . I've never drilled my pedals before and i might be wrong but i bet they are b*tch to drill .Get yourself a good drill and a few good drill bits . Might even be easier to start by drilling smaller holes first , then a bigger drill bit once your thro' the metal . Somebody will probably disagree and tell you its a piece of p*ss ,lol .

MrBillyUK !

Just finished fitten them now, and i can honestly say that it was a pain in the ass. Then to top it off i cam to doing the acceralator pedal last and found out that its not got a rubber cover, it just one piece of plastic connected to the main part, so hard to judge where to make a hole, but just managed it. If anyone wants some advice about, it takes ages you need a good drill and bit, and mask up each metal part before you drill.

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
CH33MA said:
Then to top it off i cam to doing the acceralator pedal last and found out that its not got a rubber cover, it just one piece of plastic connected to the main part, so hard to judge where to make a hole, but just managed it.

I put some pedals on my old mk1 1.2, but on the acc pedal, i just bolted the new pedal to the plastic!! had no probs at all and it passed the mot like it!! :p

Yeah, thats wat i did in the end, its really hard to get em straight though and my brake pedal is pissed, its so much hastle undoing it and then adjusting and doint up again, but it looks good, and nothing is ever easy in the world of Clio's rite lol!

CH33MA

clio 1.4 sport
MRBILLYUK said:
You mean the metal plates under the pedal rubbers ?? These are your pedals . I've never drilled my pedals before and i might be wrong but i bet they are b*tch to drill .Get yourself a good drill and a few good drill bits . Might even be easier to start by drilling smaller holes first , then a bigger drill bit once your thro' the metal . Somebody will probably disagree and tell you its a piece of p*ss ,lol .

MrBillyUK !

theres 3 black metal plates thats the same shape as the metal pedals( came in the momo pedal set) - i dunno if its to go on with the new pedals or if it can be left off, sounds like this is gonna be a b**ch to do! btw whats the masking tape for??

belfastchris said:
theres 3 black metal plates thats the same shape as the metal pedals( came in the momo pedal set) - i dunno if its to go on with the new pedals or if it can be left off, sounds like this is gonna be a b*tch to do! btw whats the masking tape for??

I never had them with my my Momo pedal set so i dont know wat you should do with them, maybe you should post a pic or sumin. Put the masking tape of the metal parts of the pedal so that your drill bit does not slip about and ruin the job totally. Just make sure you measure twice and drill once:approve:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
belfastchris said:
theres 3 black metal plates thats the same shape as the metal pedals( came in the momo pedal set) - i dunno if its to go on with the new pedals or if it can be left off, sounds like this is gonna be a b*tch to do! btw whats the masking tape for??

Not sure what the 3 black plates or for in the set as mine is a 172 and already had the alloy pedals fitted . The reason CH33MA recommends masking tape is so that your drill bit won't slip when your drilling the metal pedals .
My pedals got worn out on the 172 cos of how close i sit to the steering wheel and the postion my feet are in so i just made some more then pop riveted them on like the originals.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/mrbillyuk/ALLOYPEDALS.jpg

MrBillyUK !