ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting oe cd player in any clio

I own a Clio 182 and last week I decided to buy a Sony mp3 head unit. So I removed my standard cd player and fitted my aftermarket one with ease and fitted a converter so I could still use the steering wheel stock remote controller. Thing is, my mate has an authentique clio, and being the base model he only has a 15watt tape player in his.

So I decided to be nice and gave him my old standard 40watt cd player, even tho his car lacks a display i still managed to get the security code in.

Its working fine apart from 1 problem, the steering wheel control in his car does not work with it. I have tried it with the little yellow block plugged in and also with it out and still no joy. I know that block does have something to do with the screen data and the steering wheel controls on my 182, as it did also with my dynamiques oe head unit too, so I aint aint sure if its different for his as his lacks a screen in centre console.

Anyone know of any ideas, will it possably need a convertor or anything for it, or does anyone know exactly why it wont work.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanx, Colin.