ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting rear speakers in 53 Extreme 1.2

clio extreme 1.2
First of all, as this is my very first post let me say hello, and thank you for all the brilliant advice on this site!
Ok, I am the proud owner of my first car, a metallic red 1.2 Clio Extreme 16v 53 plate, and I'm very happy with it!
I absolutely love my music, and have already replaced the front door woofers with some better alpine coaxials, and my head unit with a new LG unit.
Basically I have two spare speakers from the front and would like to put them in the back, as being an extreme there are no speakers in the rear. My question is are there already speaker cables in the rear panels? Or would I have to wire them up? If there are no existing wires, i plan on buying a 4 channel amp and wiring some new coax's up from this, whilst bridging the other two channels to a sub (which I plan on buying anyway). Also, any advice on a 4 ch amp, sub and some coax's for the rear would be much appreciated.

So, basically 1) are there existing speaker cables in a 53 plate Clio Extreme 1.2 in the rear
and
2) what budget 4ch amp, sub and coax's would you recommend?

Thank you.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
wire them up from the back of the headunit, no loom to rear rear speaker grills in clio extremes

clio extreme 1.2
Is this easy to do? To be honest, I have pretty much no experience with ICE, the only bits i've done were to replace the head unit and front speakers... What wiring will I need?

Thanks for the replies!

02 Clio Extreme
well i have an 02 plate clio extreme and i DO have rear speakers as standard and they DO work!

best of checking if you have any first

clio extreme 1.2
That's strange. I've removed the rear speaker grills, and there are no speakers in there and no visible speaker wires, but I didnt have time to take off the entire panel to check if there are the correct wires there. I just thought wiring them in the HU would be difficult and a hassle, and would instead do them from the 4 ch amp i mentioned, from the boot. Any suggestions on what amp& sub to get?

Thanks again for the replies.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
I have just brought my second car, a 1.2 extreme 4 (05plate) and i've also found i have no rear speakers i've removed all the panels and found no wiring?

sorry not trying to hiJack your thread.
so do we/I have to run new speaker wire from the head unit?

cheers,
chris