ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting skoder splitter? help

172 turbo
not as straight forward as i expected due to unsure how to line it up i put one side flush and was goin to cut excess of other end? right way or wrong also tried using self taper and the splitter doesnt sit flush all the way around could you please post pics of yours fitted and the underneath cant seem to get it be even all the way round so not fitting it until i can do ti right cheerS?

CLIO PH1 172
start in the middle and trim a bit of each end!

also its easier to screw the self tappers half way in to the splitter first

MK3

Dynamiqueee
As said, start in the middle and work your way around

I found it alot easier to drill pilot holes with a very small drill bit 1st

RB 182
As said, start in the middle and work your way around

I found it alot easier to drill pilot holes with a very small drill bit 1st

^^^ This!

As for getting it even all the way around....line the back of the little tabs up with the back of the bumper, and it keeps it level all the way round.

Nice and easy :)

Here's about the only on i've got of mine fitted close-ish up...

DSC01078.jpg

hope that helps!

Clio 172mk2
tbh i couldnt be arsed starting in the middle , over hang by 1.5" roughly and start, get it level hold where yer going to screw see if it fits right then, screw to , repeat as many times needed

172 turbo
Ye its just that those clips are rubish might as well cut them off because if I line it up with the clips then the splitter sits to far back just anoying due to don't want it looking uneven cheers might have anotha go at weekend

screwed two self tappers in the middle to get it roughly central then just keep going both sides. trim the excess off
think i used about 10 self tappers in all

monaco blue 172 ..
as above took me 15 mins to fit mine . the clips are crap to use as a guide as you say it would sit way to far back and look crap .. i found it easier to jack the front end of the car up . so you can get more clearance underneath. think i used about 15 small screws to get it flush all the way round .

Westy. MX5
Ye its just that those clips are rubish might as well cut them off because if I line it up with the clips then the splitter sits to far back just anoying due to don't want it looking uneven cheers might have anotha go at weekend

Well,it was designed for a Skoda so trim them off. Lift the front on to ramps or stands and start in the middle.

ibiza cupra
i used mole grips to hold mine in place first so i could see what it looked like before commiting to screwing it in. once i was happy i drilled several pilot holes and self tapperd it on. then trimmed the edges down with a sharp stanly blade and smoothed off with some 500 flatting paper. mine is a laguna splitter but i dont think it makes any difference.

Ph1 172 + Combo van
How do people find this hard?

I just guessed the middle. Stubby screwdriver. Self tappers. work my way to the end on each side. Cut off excess. Took less than 5 mins and my car is lowered!

monaco blue 172 ..
there is a dimple in the middle of the skoda splitter so finding middle is easy . no need to take bumper off . piece of poo to do

A.J

F360 BCGT 182
Surely a layer of thin double sided tape on the splitter would help to line it all up before you put the screws in and also stop the bits in between the self tappers to stop drooping down which the splitter may do eventually.

Black RS200
As in a lot of posts above, 15 min job (at the most)
I cut all the tabs off then started from the drivers side (as it looks better with the end caps on) then jacked the front up, used electric screwdriver and 14 self tap screws, when i got round to the passenger side i cut the excess off then cut the end piece off the excess and super glued it back to the splitter. Sorry no pics coz i got rid of the car one week later! (sods law, wait five and a half years to fit one then get rid after a week)