ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Sparco Mudflaps?

Anyone got close up pics of the Sparco flaps fitted to a 172/182, or any advice on how to fit them? Looks like a wheel off job to get it done properly, but can't really figure out what to attach them with and then what to attach them to!

Any help appreciated.

I know, I don't like them hugely but it needs to be done, gave the car a good clean and wax this evening and the paintwork near to the wheels is horrific, its a preservation thing. Every other part of the car is immaculate now so I need to get this sorted.

I'm only using two flaps to do the whole car (trimmed them down so one will fit two) so they will be fairly subtle.

ukaskew said:
I know, I don't like them hugely but it needs to be done, gave the car a good clean and wax this evening and the paintwork near to the wheels is horrific, its a preservation thing. Every other part of the car is immaculate now so I need to get this sorted.

I'm only using two flaps to do the whole car (trimmed them down so one will fit two) so they will be fairly subtle.
Chris, what about the holes that you are going to drill into your car?? A couple of stonechips or 4 holes? Stonechips any day. Plus Rally mudflaps look cack - in fact all mudflaps look cack.

JUST DON'T DO IT!!!!!!

Rich said:
Changed your mind on the paint protection film?

Looked into it more and the DIY was of doing it seems a little hit and miss, managed to have a look at a car with it done professionally today and it was visable enough on that (ok, you had to look hard, but you could see it!) so a home job doesn't really appeal. Guess you need to weigh that up against have scratches and chips instead though.

Just worried about what my car will look like in 3 or 4 years time. I get through 15k a year (not sure how, only got a 10 mile commute to work everyday, the rest is just going to race meetings and out for days with the missus, I just love driving since I got the Cup!) and after the first year it already looks visibly worse than this time last year even with all the effort I put in to keep it in top condition (not quite as much effort as you, but reasonably obsessive!)

Considering the options at the moment, not really a fan of the flaps but it seems a reasonable and cheap way of putting some form of damage limitation in place.

106 GTi
I know what you mean about the film. Cars I have seen with it, even pro fitting looks a bit of putting.