ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting sport badge - HELP!

I have a mk 2 clio extreme, ive taken the crappy extreme badges,and want to make it a 172 look a like. Are the RENAULT and Sport badges just stick ons? And how much will they cost? and ooh what glue do i use!

Cheers lads (or ladys)

I should do some work..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Not wanting to cause offence but here goes

It is great that you debaged your car, but do you really wanna put a sport badge on ? Why try to make your car something its not ?

Be happy with what youve got, your lucky.. you could have been driving a Micra for almost 2 years (like me).:(

But having said that its your car, you can do what you like ;)

DONT DONT DONT

for one thing, your car is not a 172, so dont stick the badges on. I see so many clios that have done this and it looks bloody stupid. They have a bog standard clio that looks nothing like a 172.

Make your car individual.

I appreciate that, but first of all, i idolise the 172. Second of all all the kits out for the boggo clios are sh*te, and expensive! Im gonna have to wait years till i get a decent car so let me dream! Anyway once i have it lowered on 172 alloys it will look like a factory car, not having a cheapo aftermarket look.

Says sport on my logbook too! :D it is extreme after all..lol

Lionel Richie

Oh dear youve gone ad ruffled the feathers of the 172 boys and girls, prepare for a roasting!!!!! (I wouldnt bother with the badge thing either, save your money and make your car look differnet (better) than a 172, thats what ive done) SORRY TO ALL 172 OWNERS!!!!!! LOL!!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

hehe, fair enuff...

I guess the best thing to do is go to scrappie and find a 172 (probably very hard) or go to renault and pay some ridiculas amount, I will take a pic of the back of my car so you know exactly where to place it.

There if that aint helpfull i dont know what is..

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 06 December 2002
lol fairplay but what have you done to yours? I like them metal grills from k-tec..

my next an probably only mod to my 172 in the next year or so.. my clio is silver as is the one on k-tec and I think it looks the dogs danglies on a silver car..

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 06 December 2002

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 06 December 2002

lol fairplay but what have you done to yours? I like them metal grills from k-tec..

my next an probably only mod to my 172 in the next year or so.. my clio is silver as is the one on k-tec and I think it looks the dogs danglies on a silver car..

oops didnt write anything. I meant to say agreed! Mines black though..

Does anyone know if those badges are stick on or bolted to the metalwork? Thats the major concern cos i wont bother if it means holes in the tailgate!

Thanks for the tip though, KDF, dealers tend to be bastids!

Anyone had a DP Motorsport exhaust b4 by the way? I was thinking of getting a twin 4inch centre exit custom job, but want an idea of their quality of product/workmanship.

Cheers

The sport bit is part of the renault bit ie Renault SPort (the company!!!) It the 172 is made by RENAULT SPORT and not RENAULT therefore it is unique to the 172/V6/CUP/SPIDER ..........but stick one under your renault badge if you must - it just looks like ur a wannabe 172 - if the 172 didnt have one would you still do it!!

Fred, how much did you pay for colour coding? Take it it was the front & rear bumper inlays and the side rubbing strips? Did you also get the bootlid spoiler done?

Im looking to get mine colour-coded, just wondered how much I should budget for it.

Cheers.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

if you buy it from Renault it will cost you £20, this includes the original Renault Badge as well as the Sport (as they do not come seperately), the sport badge comes with the sticky stuff attached and fixes on really easily, the Renault badge is not just stuck on with the sticky stuff, and is fixed through holes in the boot lid as well as the usual sticky pads, this however doesnt apply to the sport badge. Hope this helps, also my opinion is, that i have gone from a HIGHLY modified 1.2, which i stuck the sport badge on (because i felt the car looked sporty and would look a whole lot better with the sport badge on, as it did), and funnily enough i now own a new MK2 172. i do however think that doing an exact copy 172 from an normal clio is a waste of time and money, cos to do it properly will take a lot of money which could have been spent towards the real thing.

LOL, while you there, why not stick a EVOLUTION badge on from the Lancer?

hmmm Renault Extreme Evolution......got a certain ring to it hasnt it

seriously though, dont try to make it into something its not, someone mention because the log book say their 1.2 16v is a sport model, so therefore its ok to stick sport badge from the 172 to the lesser model, but how sporty is the 1.2 16v sport? and how extreme is the extreme?

you wont get any respect from pretending, you only get it when its due

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

"its not how you stand by your car, its how you race it" ;)

"I live my life one halfords store at a time" :D

get it lowered, loving my car now. Looks so much nicer and the handling is much better. Im starting to speed up for roundabouts now:) hehe

Thanks for the tip gaz. And in reply to the monk im not trying to look like anything, i just like the badge, so im getting it :confused: One thing i liked about the clios is they look sporty even from the base model so all ill be doing is some tasteful mods, e.g 172 wheels, lowered suspension, better shocks etc