ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting springs

who can fit some springs on my clio, need all for doing with 60mm springs, im in kent and of xcourse would pay,

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
not a hard job, just need someone with the know how, brothers friend did mine, on my old 16v, call one of the small garages near you, seach the yellow pages or scoot, find some crummy small garage and ask them.

Your car is a mk2 isnt it mofo? If so then it doesnt have a torsion bar, rear springs on a mk2 take literally 5/10 minutes to swap.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
probably best to save money, spend £30-£35 on some good tools and do it yourself, very straight forward, rear takes 10 mins if your just changing springs and front say an hour to an hour if its your first time

this way, if you decide to change the dampers in the future you can save money and do it yourself!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i was like that too, 6 months ago the most work i had done was change a wheel lol got fed up paying people to fit parts and fix my car and relying on people so i got a haynes manual and 6 months later ive just dropped my engine down, changed the gearbox and bolted it all back together.

i had heard people talking about suspension and thought it sounded a bit complicated but when the guy i payed to do it didnt fit bump stops to mine and fuked both front dampers in the first 6 months i decided if you want something done properly do it yourself and found it very easy.

just take your time, when you get the shock off and take the top bolt out then remove the bearing, spring cup etc just lay it down in the order you took it off then sit it back in place in reverse order and you cant really go wrong!

hope this helps

V6
bk is peice of piss front bit harder but providing u have rite tools u can fit them easy enuff. and your car defo dosent have torsion bar as its mk2 phase 2 so garge chating crap.

BMW M3
Yeah, before joining this place i didnt have a clue on doing anything machanical. BUt after reading the guides i tend to do most the stuff myself now.

Springs were fairly easy as long as you have the right tools... hardest part was getting the strut top nut off lol.... oh, and best not to start late and end up doing most of it in the darkness with a lantern lol... like me.

clio 1.8 Williams Hybrid
If you are unsure or wont to play safe take a few pics of each stage of job,you then have a reference to look back to.

Ken

S2000
as above it's not all that difficult. Just make sure you don't go to the garage that mentioned the torsion bar becuase Mk2 Clio's don't even have torsion bars.

i want to attempt it myself but im scared, some1 in kent help me, ill pay you to do it with me so i can learn lol

BMW M3
From what they said, dont bother taking it to them lol. Torsion bar?

How do they know it will be difficult, if they dont even know your suspension set-up lol.

If no-one helps you mate, and you decide to do it your self, then just take it step by step. Its all pretty straight forward and nothing can really go wrong. As i said before, hardest parts are getting off the nuts. By a cheapy £15 impact gun and it a piece of pi$$. Will also need the spring clamps for when you have it out, attach and then unto the nut on the top. Wont need it for the new ones though i dont think.

And then the only other slightly challenging part would be lining up the 2 holes at the bottom of the strut. Just moe the disk a little bit in the right direction etc..... i found it easy the first time i did it. Just take your time.

FOR SALE!!!
its a str8 forward ob i did not now how to do myn but i just went for it and now all dun now just want it lower lol took me from start to fin 2 hours to do all way round car it looks like it would be dead hard but it aint at all mate jsut need few spanners all keys and spring clamps

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
just remember its only nuts and bolts, nothing can go "wrong" that cant be fixed easy if you get stuck come on here and ask and you will get plenty help