ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Supplied tyres (Basingstoke)

RS 172
Does anyone have issues with getting supplied tyres fitted. I've called 3 places in Basingsoke, two won't do it and one want's £25 a tyre, which is just ridiculous...

Anyone else have this trouble?

Cheers.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That's the upper margin of normal. I'd expect you to pay at least £15 per wheel for tyre fitting/balancing and disposal of the old tyre.

I wouldn't buy supply only tyres unless I was friends with a tyre fitter or was getting a particularly special rate on the tyre, if you're just going to your local tyre shop expecting £5 per wheel then those days are gone.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Take it to your local part worn tyre place. If it's anything like stoke there will be hundreds of them

From my experience, I'd look up your independent local tyre fitters. Drop by with the wheels and tyres in the back of your car on a Friday afternoon/Saturday morning and ask.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
As said, you need a friendly place. I have one that Ive used for about 15 years who will happily fit for £5 a wheel. But you're average guy off the street will pay £10-20 usually.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Get a manual tyre changer. Or use a large vice to break the bead on the old tyre and use levers for the rest. £80max and you can change your own tyres for the rest of your life

BMW 320d SE
Go on mytyres.co.uk - there's a list of fitters local to you and prices they charge. Cheapest one from memory is in Dogmersfield near Hook and it's about £10/tyre.

Renaultsport Clio 20
Go on mytyres.co.uk - there's a list of fitters local to you and prices they charge. Cheapest one from memory is in Dogmersfield near Hook and it's about £10/tyre.
I've done that before, and the prices on mytyres were half what the tyre fitters actually wanted, and then they couldn't fit me in for 3 weeks.

197was/second 182is
Exactly same happened to me. I wanna take tyres from th and go elsewhere, but they wanna charge me for fitting anyway... I won't be using fitters from mytyres again.

BMW 320d SE
Well that's disappointing that the prices are incorrect. If you find anywhere that's charging a reasonable amount do let us know. I've just bought some part-worn winter tyres for the wife's car.