ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting wingmirrors - mk1

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
is it simple to switch the black wingmirrors on a mk1 to those that are colour-coded? from a valver for example?

I think it's just a case of taking the interior plastic covers off, undoing some bolts, then replacing the mirrors and doing them up again!

Be careful though - if you haven't got electric mirrors you'll have to get manual colour coded ones or you'll be unable to move the glass lol

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Careful the RT's have colour coded mirrors, but they are electric and heated. So like said above you wont be able to move it from inside.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
ok cheers. so its basically, dont convert a manual to an electric one or vice versa to save hassle.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
haha. awesome :) im in two minds whether to bother changing them if theyr electric then. i dont want to f**k anything up.

S2000
Should be able to get some valver ones that would go straight on as well I would think as they are electric as well. The other alternative would be to just spray the current ones.

Williams
I did it!

Simple as anything to change them over! my old ones were manual, my new colour coded ones are eletric. you can move the glass around by pushing it and it stays there. its almost summer so you dont need the heater lark... and they look a million times better, DO IT!