ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting xenon bulbs

172 with k-tec sound
anyone done this, did a search for a guide but cant seem to find anything.
would be usefull to know how to change the bulbs as one of mine has gone and they should be replaced in pairs, so any help on this matter would be greatley appreciated.

Nissan 350z
Re: fitting xennon bulbs

There are 2 types of xenon headlights both slightly different fitting.

- Remove the rubber cap.
(old inside the headlight)
- Disconnect the green cable from the side of the pack.
- Unscrew the pack
- Unscrew the outer plastic housing ring
- Remove the bulb
(new inside the headlight)
- Unscrew the pack
- Remove the bulb

Im not sure when during the 172 production they decided to switch to the new units and remove the need for the outer plastic housing but its no issue if you have it or dont really.

Is this the same for 182's?

One of my bulbs has lost its blue sort of tinge. The other now flickers abit when it starts up but stays okay.

Nissan 350z
^ Not sure all of the above was gained by watching Fred work on my 172. I imagine theres no different between 172 and 182 headlights other than the colour of plastic :)

172 with k-tec sound

There are 2 types of xenon headlights both slightly different fitting.

- Remove the rubber cap.
(old inside the headlight)
- Unscrew the pack
- Unscrew the outer plastic housing ring
- Remove the bulb
(new inside the headlight)
- Unscrew the pack
- Remove the bulb

Im not sure when during the 172 production they decided to switch to the new units and remove the need for the outer plastic housing but its no issue if you have it or dont really.

cheers mate much appreciated;)

Nissan 350z
Np. And just to clarify when i say unscrew i actually mean you twist them off. Theres nothing inside the headlight you should need to take a screwdriver too unless to help pry off some of the connectors!

Mk5 golf gti
i had a flickering headlight
and im waiting for my new ballast an bulbs to arrive
ball ache
i did take alot of pictures when i took my front end apart to test bulbs an ballast
if i get time ill make a guide