ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fixing amp to rear seat

tbh their work look good, however, how much did they charge for work like that, im guessing big £££

car audio is very easy to work with, just disconnect the +ve terminal on the baterry before you do anything

label all wires with their correct terminals, as they have already been correctly fitted, make your amp rack, re-fit the amp, install the wiring as previous, refit battery terminal

a job done, 1 hours work, and great satisfaction

if you lived locally i would have done the job for you (corby, northants)

"Navy" N17 TWO

500 for sub/amp/wiring kit/fitting

was 300 for focal components in front, focal coaxils in the back and doors dynamatted

speakers/amp/sub are awesome :D- just the way the boot was left has my brain fried

my sub is powered through my rear pre-outs as they couldnt figure out the sub-out for my h/u as they dont do JVC. they said would have been easier if i left them a manual :oops:

strange, i assume the head unit has 3 pre outs??

if so, it should be very easy to establish which one is which

as ive said, grab some mdf, a jigsaw, and make the most of one of your weekends, its not at all difficult as long as you take your time

"Navy" N17 TWO

not sure what connections it has - i know it has a sub out for sure - but they had no manual to check how to set it up

shouldnt really need a manual, do you have the model number, ill check the spec sheets see if it has 1,2 or 3 pre outs (usually 1 = rear, 2= front + rear, 3 = front, rear and sub)

if it only has one or two then they have done it properly by fitting it to the rear pre-out, if it has 3, they really ought to think again about working on peoples cars :(

id say to them to give you some sort of money back or mount it somewhere else where you want it, since tehy mounted it on the floor without telling you, they were going to, which is against the law as im guessin they never rang you up and you never authorized it? i fitted my own subs and amp, it looks a mess im gonna try tidy it all up one day.

"Navy" N17 TWO

lookin good there - my sub is smaller than that and not sure bout hiding the amp - weight and space are key factors for my boot

less weight and mor space of course;)

I have 2 amps - 1 under each seat!! all wired in by.... me!! nothing on show and if anyone was to attempt to nick them they would be there for a while as they would need to take the seats out and undo the amps that are bolted to the floor!

ive had the same dilemma as i ideally wanted my amp mounted on my rear seats. Installed my sub the other week and velcrod it down but the amp has been loose - not a good idea as the ground cable and remote wire ripped out the other day.

Currently out of action until i secure it down and it looks like im just gonna screw it to the boot carpet with a peice of mdf underneath.

soemone above mentioned disconnecting the + cable from the battery...do you have to do this or is it okay to disconnect the - cable when messing with the amp?

"Navy" N17 TWO

what materials/tools would you need to bolt it to the side of the boot, i.e. over the right wheel-arch ?

how can you wire in neons into your boot?

^^^ where would you get all that ?