ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flames of DEATH!

keep gettin sweet flames from new K-tec exhaust and massive pops when i go into over run .... (is this good?)

also does anybody elses clio do this.. (without flammer kit)

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

sounds mint m8! what clio do u have and what litre engine is it? what style exhaust too? and is it a decat jobby...reason im interested as i;m thinking og getting a ktec zaust. but a mate keeps putting me off with nightmare storys...but then who gives a sh*t if u get flames!!!

clio 1.8 16v .. its a k- tec system (K5 tail pipe the LOUD option!) and a scorpion de cat pipe..

i would highly recommend it!! and they sound very very nice..

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Yeah the ktec exhaust rocks.. just incase you didnt know (you might be flaming, but not sure how to do it) Pop it into 2nd/3rd and let it rev up really high.. then let off with your accelorator, and gently just tap the accelorator pedal, this will send little shots of fuel into the decat and cause it to pop and flame.

Also, While just pootling along in a 30, i find that if i just rest my foot on the accelorator, it will cause the exhaust to burble deep and yummy.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Would mine flame with a de-cat? It only pops at the mo.

Oh yeah and its a magnex Cat back 3.5" system!

dunno ? might do .... doubt it though... i would sell up, and come to k-tec land!! the land of loud noise and fire....

i think i should stop w**king over this exhaust...

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_Bus on 16 March 2004

dunno ? might do .... doubt it though... i would sell up, and come to k-tec land!! the land of loud noise and fire....

i think i should stop w**king over this exhaust...

i would mate, you might burn your feet ;) :p

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

LOL! The zaust sounds ace..Had mine for 4 months now and still luv the sound, Not seen any flames, but pops and bangs like hell! Luv it.

usually pops and bangs indicate a over rich mixture. could be normal on the clio but i would be curious to know why. usually kat engines, even when dekatted, run rather lean

Quote: Originally posted by Clio_Bus on 16 March 2004
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">keep gettin sweet flames from new K-tec exhaust and massive pops when i go into over run ....<FONT color=red size=2> (is this good?)<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">also does anybody elses clio do this.. (without flammer kit)<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"> 

Will flame wiht just a de-cat, speak to gunnerbigson, he has a 1.4 wiht just a abckbox, i made him a de-cat and it backfires and burbles and eveythign

probably not, newer ecus dont tend to overfuel as much, my gtturbo used to pop out loads of flames (carb was running a bit rich) and my mates 205 gti (gti6 implant running twin 45s) used to shoot out rooster tails of flame a foot or so long out of the back :D

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

so presumably it sounds good but surely is not that gr8 for then engine to pop like that i.e. backfire...???