ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flaps!

R.I.P 182
I drive alot on my days off and in evenings, and also go to the stables alot which involves driving up dirt / stone tracks, do you think its advisable getting mudflaps to protect the paintwork or do you think they look rubbish or serve no purpose?

Mk4 .:R32
Me too Timmay lol

mud flaps look crap on clios imo. but if you like them and think they will help, go for it

R.I.P 182
In clio discussion? lol!!

Im wondering.. see some photos on here i think look good some i think look gash.. i'm undecided!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a trick title (i predict lots of views with very few replys :p)

Nicer without mudflaps, but the smaller one don't look terrible. Not sure how useful the small ones are though.

R.I.P 182
Yeah but i do it nearly every day and dont really have time/cant be bothered to wash it every day lol!! Would it not protect from stonechips along the side of the car?

P

Paul Common 666

No mudflaps i reckon! Someone on here was selling clear stone chip protectors, ive got a pair, cant remember who though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
remember to clean your flaps.

especially at this time of year.

then post the picture(s) of your clean flaps over in detailing

Mk4 .:R32
I'd happily clean your flaps on a daily basis, I'm a bit far from you though, maybe just once a week?

TeZ

Non RS : (
Scrub flaps with Megs and a good Brush,

Wipe down with a soft cloth

Then open up ..

And lick.

Mini Cooper S sport
Wow I don't think CS has ever had such an open discussion about Donna's flaps (or lack of).

I think they look much better without.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
you all have such poor knowledge of flaps.....you must all be gay

advice from a longstanding flap owner

they are brilliant to project your car from stone chips and dirt however you will still get the usual dirt build up from spray....don't be suprised also if the back of your car gets dirtier than usual as the flaps filter it underneath the car at which point it exits up the back

07 UR 197
No flaps seems to be an English thing, every car I've bought on the mainland had no flaps. Maybe its cause our roads aren't as good over in NI that we all get the flaps sorted as soon as possible. I think a car doesn't look right without them, especially from the rear.