ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flash car wash kit

Seen it advertised................................not used it yet.......How much?

It looks quite good ....but I bet it is expensive:(

Yaris Hybrid

The bloke two doors down brought his up whilst I was washing my car yesterday! Looked interesting but I didnt have the hose out so couldnt try it.

I will probably buy one just to soften all the dirt and muck up on the car before washing it proper. If I can spray the shampoo whilst using a soft brush at the same time it might be good for a super fast mid week wash as well.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

I bought one last weekend and needless to say i was VERY dissapointed, pending another wash this saturday, i may take advantage of the lifetime money back guarantee...

Brought one of these last weekend.

IMHO not impressed, still had to dry the car down and the finish was no better than washing the car my usual way.

Saying that, give it a go and see what you think. Personally Im sticking to the two bucket system.:D

Yeah the water drys on your car w/o leaving spots! No good for me as I like to follow up with QD or spray wax

Yaris Hybrid

OK I have just got back from buying one. Havent used it yet tho. I think you lot are trying to use it for the wrong purpose.

I will use it to go over the car with a soft brush and dislodge all the dirt before getting my bucket of autoglym shampoo and doing the car properly with my meguiars mitten.

There is no way you can expect to spray it on then spray it off and expect the car to come up gleaming with no water spots! You will never replace a chamois!

Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 25 March 2005

OK I have just got back from buying one. Havent used it yet tho. I think you lot are trying to use it for the wrong purpose.

I will use it to go over the car with a soft brush and dislodge all the dirt before getting my bucket of autoglym shampoo and doing the car properly with my meguiars mitten.

There is no way you can expect to spray it on then spray it off and expect the car to come up gleaming with no water spots! You will never replace a chamois!

you will, for a waffle weave towel:p

I think you lot are trying to use it for the wrong purpose.
Such as?????:confused:

Its says on the box "car wash" so I washed my car per the detailed yet clear instructions. Result :(.

182_Blue your campaign for the waffle weave revolution, inspired me to join up. I used one for the first time today......I am converted:D

[Edited by Mattieuk on 25 March 2005 at 6:16pm]

Ford Fiesta

seriously considering getting one of these towels. Always used chomois natural ones but they dont last that long.

And are expensive.

Hope these towels are as good!!?

Such as?????:confused:

Its says on the box "car wash" so I washed my car per the detailed yet clear instructions. Result :(.

182_Blue your campaign for the waffle weave revolution, inspired me to join up. I used one for the first time today......I am converted:D

good glad to hear it

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 25 March 2005
seriously considering getting one of these towels. Always used chomois natural ones but they dont last that long. And are expensive. Hope these towels are as good!!?

They are good! and you can stick them in the washing machine if they get dirty too.

6/468 17poo

after workin in halfords today i have realised that these kits are very good for people who dont usually wash their car,but for most people on here who cherish their cars paintwork they arent that good!!as we all no that to get it gleam you have to put in some serious effort!

only my opinion and about 15 people who bought one,who dont usually wash their car!

Ryan

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 25 March 2005

you will, for a waffle weave towel:p
not the Meguiars one, its GASH !.......the only product i have been disappointed with from them

Brun, are you sure your using it correctly ?

Should be used dry, not damp like a chamois. Also dont use fabric softener when washing it, did you wash and dry it before using it? Sorry if all this is a bit obvious.

Its the only thing ive used for drying since i got the car, im not saying others arent better, but ill never go back.

106 GTi

I have a Meguiars Waffle Weave, 2 Microfiber tech ones, and 1 Pakshak one, all work as well as each other....apart from the Pakshak one is twice as big as the rest and the Meguiars on cost twice as much as the others!

If you sheet the water off the car with the hose after washing this reduces the amount of drying you have to do. I use a couple of Autoglym Synthetic Chamois on the Glass, wheels and in the door shuts.

superb been using it for about 6 weeks, i dont put soap stuff in gun tho i put it in a bucket with warm water, much better result!

superb shiny finish and i recomend to all!

lots quicker and refills are pretty cheap

its just drionised water and the soap contains polymer! very very good! i onyl bought it cus my car is black and a pain in the arse to clean, so im up for anythin to help with the easy life.

also if u r a fan of pimp my ride, west coast customs have been using it for 18 months

i have no water spots at all so u lot are doin summat rong lol, but sponge gets to dirty if u do the way it ses, souse bucket with warm water

comes up sh*t if u dont use the polymer soap

and it needs to be a warm day for best results!

Ive started using an Autoglym Hydra Flexi Blade to get rid of most of the water, then give the car a wipe over with an Autoglym Synthetic Chamois - works a treat for me, and takes very little time on the Vee.

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 11 April 2005
DONT USE FLEXI BLADES!f**k ure paint work! i used to use them till my body shop told me to pack it in

Like the man says, they work fine so long as the car is clean and the blade/car is wet...brilliant on the glass too

Alfa Mito 155TB

I have a flash gun for my 172 and use it on my girlfriends car..

It is indeed very good, washing it with the water jet...lash on plenty of foam on setting two and sponge in with a wet wash mitt....blast off with the cold water, make sure you get the shampoo on everywhere else it does bead off properly..

after you have blasted the soap off with the water jet....just take about 3 mins covering the car with the fine de-ionised water from roof down, not fogetting windows...and let it dry naturally or jump in and drive it wet and it still dry superb....an excellent bit of kit...i was sick of getting the chamois leather out :)

Quote: Originally posted by JJ172 on 11 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by h3lter on 11 April 2005

DONT USE FLEXI BLADES!

f**k ure paint work! i used to use them till my body shop told me to pack it in

Like the man says, they work fine so long as the car is clean and the blade/car is wet...brilliant on the glass too

u dont have to listen to me lol! im just tellin u wot a body shop has told me! up to u if u take the advice aint it lol

just thought that a body shop would know more than a few forum users lol

The Jinx

The blades are fine. I have it on good authority from respected detailers. Bodyshops arent that knowledgable you know. Ive yet to get work done at a good one in fact.

Main thing is to wipe them clean regularly. I wipe mine on my wet hand after every sweep. I dont even know Im doing it half the time.