ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flashing egg timer next to mouse arrow

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
my pc is almost 2 months old and 1TB of memory, 2.60GHz pentium dual core. 4.0GB of ram and it's got windows 7

It dosnt do it when the wire is pluged from the pc to the phone no. only when it's synced up

Been intouch with the T-mobile tech guys they say try a factory re set, i've got 1.5 firmware version on allready which is up to date

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
what i have defo noticed now, if i install the sync and not plug it into the phone it's ok, but take the phone out it's stable, what you mean ^^

182FF with cup packs
Looking around, it seems to be an issue that occurs for quite a few people.

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero-hero-modaco-com/293112/htc-sync-2-0-4-problem-on-xp-sp3/

It would appear that the program forks off two processes every time it does it. So leave it for long enough and it'll crash your PC.

Having said that, do you even need to run HTC Sync? You phone auto backs up to the memory card all of its setting, your contacts should be stored out in "the cloud" (i.e. on gmail) any purchased apps you can just download again from the Market.