ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing on the Motorway.

182, GTR, C63

I agree that people should move out of your way when you want to overtake. In the day i stay at 75 so i dont get fined for speeding. At night 100+ is acceptable. If someone is doing less than 70 i usually slow down wait till its safe and then ram them. Its never made them move over or got me where im going any quicker but the look on there face is rewarding enough!!

Crap lane discipline drives me nuts! Arrgh! :mad:

And, I couldnt possibly do the +1mph crawl past them - its a lot more fun to do a full-boost undertake fly-by with a dump-valve-inducing gear change just as youre passing them :devilish: Same as with old giffers doing 40 in a 60!

^^^

I wanted to say that but bottled it lol, then you look in your mirror and theere they are still in the middle lane oblivious :mad:

dont get me started on people who drive in the center lane, at 60 mph! and the other thing that really pisses me off, is van drivers,who think its their god given right, to cut u up, anyway they c fit!!b.a.stards the lot of em, and as such should b taken to a quiet warehouse and b shot!!:mad:these people should b made to retake their driving test,i bet half of em couldnt do it! w*nkers the lot of em:mad: sorry abou that, bad driving gets me angry!!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 17 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jabba the slut on 17 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by maaaaaartin on 17 May 2004

I hate people who undertake me. Its so reckless and immature.

To really p*** them off I find if you move over into the left hand lane before they get up behind you they have to overtake on the right! HA! That will teach them! If your old or drive a bmw its obviously a hard trick to learn but the results speak for themselves, go on give it a try!

why dont u try movin over in the first place??
Snap! lol
Thats even more reckless and immature! A simple flash does the trick...I tend never to undertake...Just incase i get tits like ^^^^^.

If middle + outside lanes have crawlers and 1st lane is clear i will undertake just to make a point. Or if middle lane has a crawler and 1st and 3rd lanes are empty i agree with overtaking in 3rd lane, moving in front and then an OTT mirror-signal-manouver into lane 1 to point out how annoying the middle lane crawler is being!

Thing is its much better to chill on the motorway - no point getting stressed. Me and a collegue had to pick up a car from nottingham the other day (were based in surrey) on the way back i watched as he tore down the 3rd lane and disappeared from sight. I chilled all the way back to epsom with my tunes on, got out the car quite relaxed to find out that he had only beaten me by about 5 mins and was so stressed!

Besides, for the most part - wheres the challenge in driving fast on a motorway? even a small carll push a ton these days. Once in a while it is nice, on the rare occasion you get an empty stretch to see what a car will do and test your personal land speed record where conditions and local driving laws permit (obviously!;)) But by far youre best off taking it easy and not geting drawn into dangerous play! Better to arrive safe and sound than 5minutes before by risking death!!

Quote: Originally posted by NickyB on 17 May 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jabba the slut on 17 May 2004

when u look in at them (while mouthin off and gesturing) there usually welded to the steering wheel holdin on 4 dear life! WTF its a straight bit of road!

some even have the cheek to flash u if u undertake them, which tends to result in my brakes being applied :devilish:
Snap!
SNAP!

... and Clio_Chris - no excuses, go buy a highway code, no mention of using the overtaking lane on the motorway if you feel the surface of the driving lane is a little rough. The standard of driving on the roads these days seems just sooooooo sh*t and people are just using whatever lane they feel like. As has been said already, sh*t driving just gets me really really mad.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by clio__chris on 17 May 2004

...i dont see the problem with sitting in the middle lane when no1 is around...

[Edited by clio__chris on 17 May 2004 at 5:40pm]
Single lane, dual carriageway, or motorway...in this country we drive on the left side of the carriageway unless were overtaking...dont we?

Too many people dont do something (like indicate or use lanes properly) "because theres no-one else around". That then becomes habitual and they have to consciously change the way they drive when there are other road users. The thing is...they dont always do that.

Someone once said to me he drove in the middle lane "cause its safer init, you got a clear lane on each side?".

In the middle lane, youre (on a normal motorway anyway) one lane from the opposite carriage way and opposing traffic, and two lanes (inside and hard shoulder) from a comparitively safe soft verge. Sit in the inside lane, and youve got two clear lanes between you and that head on smash...Id suggest thats much safer, especially considering what happened on the A23 on Sunday.

Elise/VX220/R26

I drove down the a 64 to pickering (from leeds) at the weekend, and f**k me as soon as the sun shines people concentration on the road goes to ratsh*t. They sit in the outside lane doing 40 mph and you can see them pointing out the windows and looking at the pretty views.

I flashed about 4 people out of the way and one tw*t in an old discovery I could not get to move, I dont think he saw me flashing he was too busy admiring the view and causing a traffic jam, I undertook that one and beeped him as I went past to try and get his attention. He still didnt move over!