ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flooded footwell after heavy rain

atl

Clio Trophy
Around a year ago when there was heavy rain my 182 flooded in the drivers footwell.
I purchased a dehumidifier and dried the whole thing out, couldn't find the location of the leak but sealed the rear bungs just above the back lights in case it was that.

After last weeks downpour I came back from a weekend away and moved the car off the drive and it sounded like I was piloting a swimming pool. All I could hear was water sloshing around, it started pouring out of the rear ofs skirt as I was driving and then I noticed the driver footwell was sodden. Not to the extent it was last time but soaked through enough.

This only happens in torrential rain though, normally the car is absolutely fine. Today i've been over the car with a hose, spraying around the doors, skuttle panel, roof, boot everywhere. Nothing, under the carpets remained totally dry.

All the drain holes seem clear as water runs freely from the skirts, skuttle panel, boot etc. I think it's the sheer volume of water that the drain holes can't clear quick enough, any ideas as to what ones to check?
Only the drivers footwell and behind the driver gets wet. Passenger side is totally clear.

Colabe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 17poo
You sure you closed your window properly? The amount of rain we get in the uk you would have had your footwell flooded more then twice...just a thought :)

atl

Clio Trophy
Ok, removed the scuttle panel. Snapped the passenger wiper trying to get it off, then had to hacksaw and drill the rest of it off.
Why does this need to be removed again? Just to check it's clear?
There was a small amount of leaves in the passenger side, but not enough to be blocking it.

I pulled out the arch liners, both the holes above the liners were clear each side.

There was a ton of dirt behind the foam insert in both inner wings. Dug all that out.

Where is the location of this fabled middle drain? I can't see a hole sticking out of the bulk head, do I need to look from underneath?

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_174229.jpg
    IMG_20180610_174229.jpg
    821.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_20180610_174248.jpg
    IMG_20180610_174248.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 114
I checked at the back of the sills, theres a small gap next to the rear jacking point? They were both clear when I pocked a small screwdriver into them.
I'm completely guessing now but there might be some drain holes at the front of the sills as well!