ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flow bench testing

Clio 220 lpg
Looking for someone to flow bench my head to see if it is ok or needs more work, This head has not bin used yet it and I would want to see if it is any good. It has bin ported and it also has 1mm over sized valves.

2005 Nissan Navara
I have a flow bench, and can happily test it for CFM and velocity.

Im off work for a couple of weeks due to an accident, but feel free to email me at info@ap-developments.com if you would like to send it down in a few weeks.

The only thing I would say is that flowbench testing, whilst it has its place, will not show you how the head will necessarily perform on an engine. There are trends which can be followed, but its far from a realisitic situation (head on flowbench).

Ideally you want to be doing back-to-back tests on an engine dyno.
My engine dyno cell is nearing completion, so if your serious about proper development, keep in touch.

Agree.

My flow bench doesnt do much more than collect dust anymore. You'll soon find out that massively good flowing heads result in lost performance on an engine.

However 3d realisation in conjunction with flow testing and a minds eye can tell you if its any good or not.

Clio 220 lpg
After taking in your comments and speaking to my man who has done my head, the proof is in what it does on the road and that is how I will test. If it proves to be worse or even the same as what I have now then we can look and see how to inprove then thanks.