ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flushing the coolant system...how

Could someone remind me how to do this again on a valver? Finally going to get it done this weekend....

Thanks! :D

172 Cup

right! disconnect the bottom hose on the radiator let all the fluid run out. when it stops put a hose in the header tank let it flow through the system until onlt clean water comes out.

when you are filling it up you only have one bleed screw on the top of the radiator on the right hand side.

The Haynes manual is pretty good.

Paul

Forgot about the haynes manual - cheers! :D

How clogged do you think my 130k lump is? Seems to get quite hot fairly quickly so should i expect a lot of gunk to come out?

P

peterh2

u33db : try running it with a bit of flush for a few hours as well, I did and got a stupid amount of gunk out...

P

peterh2

u33db : hard to say as when I got it off paul he had put the flush in so I just had to change it for proper coolant when I got back to aberdeen. It was running hotter with the flush but I think thats probably as its not as good as proper coolant...

Im not to sure about disposing of it, it was raining and I just did it on the main road then washed it away with a hose pipe lol.

If you want to do a comprehensive flush.

Drain the system from the bottom hose, disconnect the top and use a hose to flow water through it. When all the crap stops flowing through it and clear water comes out, put your hand over the bottom exit and fill it up, then empty it. Continue to do that as the hose doesnt clear everything.

THen place the hose into the bottom coolant hose going towards the block, and flush that out, then do the expansion bottle.

Fill it up with water and coolant system fush, run it for a bit (at least until the fan comes on and off 3 times). Then drain, do the same and fill with the proper D type coolant.

Yeah m8, just got home a few hours ago - it looks brand new! :D

Many thanks for that - will get payment sorted soon as promised.

172 Cup

nice one mate. no probs! hope the flush goes alright its not a hard job.

Follow Bens as thats a good one.

Paul

to properly flush block, undo block drain hose which is under exhaust manifold, awkward to get to but possible, think its 15mm and its on crankshaft (drivers side) pulley end of engine. I changed my water pump and put a low temp thermostat from bbpt. Car now runs at first quarter to half, rather than half to three quarters, much better, recommend this for cooler running, decent coolant is a must on F7 engines me thinks