ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fly removal

Is there a safe way of doing this without washing the car? I clean it one day and within 12 hours its covered, doesn't help that I commute along b-roads surrounded by fields I guess. The rest of the car is perfect so no need to clean it fully.

69662985-M.jpg

Wondering for FCS as well really, how to clean them off without having to do the whole car.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'd have thought clay with lots of lube and then a little bit of wax just to polish out the washed lines should do it mate, as long as the rest of the car isn't dirty.

106 GTi
Poorboys spray and wipe or Autoglym Fly and Bug stuff, and a soft microfiber are things I use when there are a few.

I just rewash the front end when I get as many as that.

As for the FCS I can see me washing the whole car!

Anything from the fleet
Wetten a towel (just a normal one from the bathroom) and place it over the flies and leave it for about 20 mins or so. You'll find the flies then come off with a wipe, and you don't end up harming your paintwork. It's also a hell of a lot easier than scrubbing!

The pic above is 18hrs and 60 miles after I cleaned it, nightmare! So hard to get off as well even when cleaning it, they seem to weld on within minutes.

Think I'll have to wash the front end, far too many to mess about wth expensive products...especially as I'm going to have to do this almost daily!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
miniandy said:
Wetten a towel (just a normal one from the bathroom) and place it over the flies and leave it for about 20 mins or so. You'll find the flies then come off with a wipe, and you don't end up harming your paintwork. It's also a hell of a lot easier than scrubbing!

Then put the towel back in the towel rack and then see the look on your mrs face when she uses it!

Lots of water.

Malice told me once to soak them in water.. the only reason they stick as because they are dehydrated.

I think he was right, oddly. ;)

106 GTi
172 Dave said:
AG motorcycle cleaner spray on, then rinse down after 5 mins all gone :)

Effective yes -but as it takes the flies off, it also strips any wax you have on the paintwork too!

So a little extreme ;)