ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flywheel

clio 182 & Fiesta RSTurbo
think approx £190 +vat from renault.
what happened to it ?

well i'm not too sure at the moment, the engine is shakin in the bay and i can't get into gear properly. my mates step dad's friend came out who's a mechanic and said i might have damaged the flywheel.

But the engine revs normal so i don't know whats goin on.

Clio 172
take a look at your upper gearbox mount and dogbone mount, if these are shot they can result in juddering on take off and difficulty selecting gears

RS RIP
^^ second that.

Mounts are things that wear quite quick/often on these cars ; common prob. Could very well be your issue

take a look at your upper gearbox mount and dogbone mount, if these are shot they can result in juddering on take off and difficulty selecting gears

This is what i thought, cos there was no bangs or clunks when i was driving and it just wouldn't go back into gear properly so i drove it slow and left it cause i thought summat had overheated.

will the upper gearbox mount cause the engine to shake?

RS RIP
Except wearing they also split in half sometimes ; this will def cause a lot of shaking etc.

Can you move/rock your engine back + forth by hand ? If it moves more than lets say a cm or 2 then you should be looking at mounts

Except wearing they also split in half sometimes ; this will def cause a lot of shaking etc.

Can you move/rock your engine back + forth by hand ? If it moves more than lets say a cm or 2 then you should be looking at mounts

Yes it can be moved more than a cm, my friend is comin over with axel stands to get the car up in the air so we can see whats goin on.

Where is the upper gearbox mount situated?