ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Fn" Key Problems

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Recently purchased a new laptop and the Fn key is the wrong way round, by this i mean i have to push it down to make the any of the "f" buttons work, instead they do things like change volume etc. Any idea on how to switch this the other way round without using a third party application???:mad::mad::mad:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It cant be!!! My old toshiba didnt do it, its purley because i cant use any short cuts without using FN, i just want it the other way round!

I just want it the other way round so "Fn" it what you use for the brightness and volume, so i can press alt f4 to close a window and f2 to rename a file and stuff like that!!!

Pressing alt fn f4 and alt f2 and stuff is not acceptable!

Someone please help!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Sorry just read my OP and realised it didnt really make sense. I basically want to switch the functionality of it! So that it doesnt have to be pressed down to use the actual "f" keys. Just press it down to use the laptop functions.

Arctic 182FF
usually theres a key marked 'Fn Lock' this should do the job - often theres also an Fn lock LED by the caps lock lights etc which is prob lit up and should go out

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
yeh you'll have a lock on there. ring up the people you bought it off i rekon or look on google for the answer i've seen this sort of thing before.