ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foamectomy ?

Golf
Has anyone tried this like the MX5 lot?

Disassemble your seat and either thin the foam down or replace the foam with a thinner but denser layer to lower the seating position?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I did this on my MR2 Roadster. Gained me a couple of inchers maybe, but made the seat much less comfortable. I needed the room to fit in the car better, but as I removed so much material from the bottom, the rear of the seats shape didn't work to well with my back causing the discomfort.

Never done it in the clio. I've always fitted better seats, with a lower seating position.

Golf
Thanks for the reply. I'm a six footer, never had any worries in the MR2 but then I think I'm all legs!

Do miss my MR2, hope the Clio is a good alternative when I get it. A 20v mkiv GTi certainly isn't...

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Have you taken the spacers out of the current setup between the rail and floor? Does make a difference.

Golf
I know this is weird, but I don't have the car yet! So I may be worrying about nothing. Long story...

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
If you're 6ft tall then you'll be fine, I'm the same height and have no problems.

There are quite a few 6ft+ owners who also have no issues in a Clio. Sure it would be nice to sit a bit lower, but that could be said for most cars tbh.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I know this is weird, but I don't have the car yet! So I may be worrying about nothing. Long story...

ok, well have a look where the seat rail bolts to the floor. As standard there’s some 10-12mm spacers between the rail and the floor, undo the bolts from underneath the car and remove the spacers then just slip a washer in (so the seat moves easily still otherwise you’ll be trapping the carpet tight)

I have two 172’s, one without and one with spacers, I really notice it when I get in the one with the stock setup, it’s noticeably higher.