ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS Alternative.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/898198.htm

Would people go for this over a new Focus RS,i would be sorely tempted.

I suppose if i had the money then the RS would be the choice but this is a lot of car for the money and has had everything done to it.

However without the revo knuckle suspension i wonder how it would cope with over 300 ponies.

I wouldnt.. Just prefer the FRS. Though for 30k, I could think of a lot of other things I would rather buy

tiTTy & SV650
wouldn't be going for a FWD with that power regardless of what fancy diff's fitted personally

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Thats what i mean the RS is an awful lot of money

But the fancy stuff works on the RS rory

tiTTy & SV650
Aye I'm sure it does but for the money I'd be wanting something a bit more special and probably RWD. Plus its a turbo car so will get tuned by most owners at which point the handling might be affected.

I just read the FRS thread for the first time and see I've probably opened a can of worms with my FWD comments lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Aye I'm sure it does but for the money I'd be wanting something a bit more special and probably RWD. Plus its a turbo car so will get tuned by most owners at which point the handling might be affected.

I just read the FRS thread for the first time and see I've probably opened a can of worms with my FWD comments lol.
I think drivers republic review put the fwd comments to bed tbh.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Evo also said the new evo is finished also due to the handling of the focus.

The new evo fq400 is out soon and will cost around 40k.

Makes the focus cheap tbh.

i'd buy the frs as its a better starting point for further mods...plus it has a warranty..

and its not about peak power but also the spread of torque..

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Good read on that ST in Evo mag this month, it pulls like f**k from low speeds in any gear unlike its rivals in the mag, might be something to do with it being 5 cylinder???

astra coupe on coilovers
rather have this tbh
FAF277.covercar.gif

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Not paying that for a Ford ST but would have this

BOXMOOR CARS

LANCER IX FQ-360 1 OWNER EVO PLATE (2007/56)

12,000 miles£18,490

BLUE WITH BLACK LEATHER ALCANTARA TRIM, Full and up to date Ralliart Mitsubishi history, fq-360 edition number 147 of 200 with all the tweaks that model encompassed such as Bilstein suspension, brembro brakes, Aluminium bonnet, roof section and wings, Graphite forged speedline alloys with four good yokohama tyres, carbon fiber rear spoiler, front lip spoiler, carbon fiber wingmirrors, carbon-fiber 'sharks tooth' rear vortex, Bi-Xenon headlamps, Revised ACD/AYC traction aids, Air-conditioning, Centre armrests, Climate control, Factory immobiliser, Multi-airbags, PAS, Remote locking and alarm, tracker, ABS, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Tinted glass, Ralliart Sports Meter Kit. Three dials display the battery voltage, oil temperature and boost pressure, Fantastic performance from the hks tunned 366bhp/363 lb/ft turbocharged with 0-60 in 4 sec, and one of the quickest point to point cars in 'real world' terms with the ability to humble much more expensive exotic cars, Genuine car in excellent condition, still under manufacturers warranty remainder to 2010, 2 sets of keys and fobs all manuals only 1 owner, !!! EVO NUMBER PLATE OPTIONAL (WORTH £1000) OR CAN GO BACK ON TO 56 REG!!! Road tax till 06/09, FULLY HPI CLEAR, FINANCE AVAILABLE, PART EXCHANGE WELCOME, ALL MAJOR CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED, PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE A VIEWING BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. HEMEL HEMPSTEAD HERTS (M1 JCT 8) (M25 JCT 20)

Lionel Richie
isn't the ford fancy front suspension just a developed version of that found on the clio/megane rs'?? looks a bit similar to me!

Fiesta ST2
can get a 360 with 40k mile for £12k id rather save the extra even if there was two or three owners. the amount youd spend on tyres would be a killer. ive already bougth 6 sets in 26k on a 1.2 clio :p

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Once you have big power going through 2 or 4 wheels your tyres are going to get worn.

Rather change 2 at a time than 4 though

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
isn't the ford fancy front suspension just a developed version of that found on the clio/megane rs'?? looks a bit similar to me!
Same idea. I was told it's based on tech from HGV/big digger type jobs.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I think the RS focus is a great car but its so much money for a ford hatchback, most will be bought by die hard oval fans and used very little probably. Getting air when its sunny and not driven as it was intended.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im not so sure.As ive said the next evo fq400 is going to cost close to 50k

Thats the final gong for the evo,The focus does it all so well for 25k,who is going to pay double for the same ability.

And further down the scale,who in there right mind is going to buy a standard evo or subaru,there simply not good enough anymore.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I think the RS focus is a great car but its so much money for a ford hatchback, most will be bought by die hard oval fans and used very little probably. Getting air when its sunny and not driven as it was intended.

Mine definately won't. Mine will be tracked/used and abused how it was intended.

None of this detailing s**t and driving it on weekends. What a waste of money and car.

Even now, my Audi is used to cart round loads of crap. At this precise moment in time its full of boxes of crap that I cleared out from work!

Titanium 182
Mine definately won't. Mine will be tracked/used and abused how it was intended.

None of this detailing s**t and driving it on weekends. What a waste of money and car.

Even now, my Audi is used to cart round loads of crap. At this precise moment in time its full of boxes of crap that I cleared out from work!

Nice to see someone actually use there cars once in a while lol.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I personally think geeks should be banned from owning such cars.

Fair enough they can be employed to clean the cars but actually own one?? Nope.

182 Trophy
Evo also said the new evo is finished also due to the handling of the focus.

The new evo fq400 is out soon and will cost around 40k.

Makes the focus cheap tbh.

yeah but the new evo will hit 60 in a lot less time than the focus ie 4.5 seconds ish, amd itll hammer it round a track, no questions asked there is no way that awfull focus will touch an fq400 evo anywhere, the r26r outhandles the focus according to every magazine iv read so an evo will chew one up easily

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
yeah but the new evo will hit 60 in a lot less time than the focus ie 4.5 seconds ish, amd itll hammer it round a track, no questions asked there is no way that awfull focus will touch an fq400 evo anywhere, the r26r outhandles the focus according to every magazine iv read so an evo will chew one up easily
Yes, but an Evo will use more fuel doing it, need servicing a hell of a lot more, etc etc. It should be quicker at double the price, but it won't be twice as good.

182 Trophy
Yes, but an Evo will use more fuel doing it, need servicing a hell of a lot more, etc etc. It should be quicker at double the price, but it won't be twice as good.

yep your right, but if economy was even a slight issue i dont think people would be buying either of these cars, and to be honest i cant see the evo being much worse than the 2.5 5cylinder volvo lump, the evo will sit with a lambo gallardo round a track as clarkson proved, but i bet its better on fuel than the lambo lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Not yet. But I will be deffinately having one.

Even been given the go ahead from the wife to have it in Green!! :D
Be interesting to see how it compares to the R26, mine will be having a stage 2 remap (265bhp, 320ish lbft). Looks wise the FRS will blow it into the weeds!

182 Trophy
Be interesting to see how it compares to the R26, mine will be having a stage 2 remap (265bhp, 320ish lbft). Looks wise the FRS will blow it into the weeds!

not imo, i still prefer the looks of the megane x100