ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS : day 101 : I got boost yo...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Geek. Good bit of info there for RS owners though.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Did you really black out the video because you went a little bit over the limit?

P.S. Nice shirt. Genuinely.

Sadly yes I do. Over on RSOC they're properly "OMFG you're being illegal" and will take any video down showing clear naughtiness.

I can just about push it to an indicated 75 and they'll let that slide. Me and @Jeff simply getting a dab of oppo around roundabouts or showing acceleration through third and into 4th...oh no.

They took this one down and I had a massive argument with them saying at no point did I use any gear over 3rd...so they then started saying that I revved it high enough in 3rd to be clearly over the limit. I won that one in the end and they reinstated it LOL

Didn't watch the video with sound, but looks like it's torque limited in lower gears. Get it mountune mapped, or other reputable tuner. It'll be limited from factory to minimise wear on drivetrain components.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sadly yes I do. Over on RSOC they're properly "OMFG you're being illegal" and will take any video down showing clear naughtiness.

I can just about push it to an indicated 75 and they'll let that slide. Me and @Jeff simply getting a dab of oppo around roundabouts or showing acceleration through third and into 4th...oh no.

They took this one down and I had a massive argument with them saying at no point did I use any gear over 3rd...so they then started saying that I revved it high enough in 3rd to be clearly over the limit. I won that one in the end and they reinstated it LOL

LOL! Well, I suppose fast fords have always had an image problem so I can understand them not wanting to encourage it, but christ, it's hardly Fast 'n da Furious.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't watch the video with sound, but looks like it's torque limited in lower gears. Get it mountune mapped, or other reputable tuner. It'll be limited from factory to minimise wear on drivetrain components.

What can I read from the engine that will show that torque limiting happening?

It doesn't appear to be boost. Ignition timing/advance? I really want to find out what holds it back so I can see how launch control lifts that restriction (as it's supposed to do) but I genuinely have no idea on these things!!!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
What can I read from the engine that will show that torque limiting happening?

It doesn't appear to be boost. Ignition timing/advance? I really want to find out what holds it back so I can see how launch control lifts that restriction (as it's supposed to do) but I genuinely have no idea on these things!!!

I know absolutely naff all about these cars but I know that some bikes are 'limited' aka don't make full power in the first few gears mainly because you simply cannot use it and probably because 90% of riders would be wheelieing their way in to the nearest accident and emergency lol.. could be a similar set up albeit for differing reasons..