ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus RS dyno shooutout - Mountune FPM375 v M380 v standard

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Lol at the reference! Very well played sir.

I'd be fairly confident that that's eating coolant though.

It clearly is. I have it booked in for a once over by the dealership tomorrow...although I'm hoping for more I expect to have it handed back with the coolant topped up and the instruction "keep an eye on it".

How much is that mountune pack? The 375 job?

£900 plus fitting I think.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It clearly is. I have it booked in for a once over by the dealership tomorrow...although I'm hoping for more I expect to have it handed back with the coolant topped up and the instruction "keep an eye on it".

£900 plus fitting I think.

Not bad for the gains (coming From a clio owner).

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Not bad for the gains (coming From a clio owner).

£900 for an air filter, induction pipe, and dealer installed map is a lot no matter how much power you gain from it. They give you exactly the same (hardware + map) for the Fiesta and charge £600.

The accountant in me only sees and hears £900 minus £600 etc.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
£900 for an air filter, induction pipe, and dealer installed map is a lot no matter how much power you gain from it. They give you exactly the same (hardware + map) for the Fiesta and charge £600.

But you bought an RS. The accountant argument went out the window a while back!🙈

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
I couldn't not have the FPM375. Knowing that I didn't have the fastest available factory RS would trouble me. I am very vain though lol.
If i'm not mistaken, you can't get the FPW375 from the factory. It's a warranty approved dealership upgrade. On the Limited Edition cars, you can get the Diff but it doesn't come with the extra power.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Most places charge 300-400 for a map and then you’ve got the physical filter and pipe (granted not a lot) and the couple of hours labour to fit and sort. Plus it’s warranted. I don’t think it’s that bad!!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
If i'm not mistaken, you can't get the FPW375 from the factory. It's a warranty approved dealership upgrade. On the Limited Edition cars, you can get the Diff but it doesn't come with the extra power.

Same difference lol.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

That's still a fair price and if you use the accountant in you its only like parts for a 3 series bmw vs a 5 series imo.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
Standard is definitely enough. In my opinion, you don't need any more power when driving on public roads.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Standard is definitely enough. In my opinion, you don't need any more power when driving on public roads.

I don't know about that, the quick diesels around now.

Need 500bhp for overtaking these days :tongueclosed:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
But you bought an RS. The accountant argument went out the window a while back!🙈
We'll see in another 9.5 years if it was a sensible move or not. I think it will be :smile:

Will go 6/10
Define a 10?

I think how often the engines are going bang i’d be shiting my frilly Y fronts if i’d fucked about with it.
To be fair to Ford so far they've been quite accommodating...there's a few modded cars that have had entire engines replaced.

Point A to B on the roads around me, you don't need any more power, in a straight line I could understand but that is not what the car is about.
This is how I feel. I can mostly scare myself anywhere in it as it is.