ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light symbol on dash when pushing brake pedal

Skyline golf and 182
As title did a search and couldn't find anything on this it's intermittent but some times when pushing brake pedal the fog light comes on very dim anyone have any ideas as to cause?

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Mine does the same, often makes me wonder what the rear lights are doing when I stand on the brakes,

Wheres the earth in the boot?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Mine does the same, often makes me wonder what the rear lights are doing when I stand on the brakes,

Wheres the earth in the boot?

Under the carpet/plastic trim. If you follow the rear lights down you'll see a black wire bolted to the body on both sides.

Those black bungs either side of the lights where to boot shuts against like to leak water too which finds its way to the earths.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
Those black bungs are the reason for the water ingress in my boot. I'm just going to silicone them off as I can't see the purpose behind them being removable.

Would a dab of dielectric grease be worthwhile?

I'll get a rattle at it this weekend, cheers.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Those black bungs are the reason for the water ingress in my boot. I'm just going to silicone them off as I can't see the purpose behind them being removable.

Would a dab of dielectric grease be worthwhile?

I'll get a rattle at it this weekend, cheers.

Yeah i siliconed mine up too.

Worth checking the connector on the back of the lights too.

E92 M3, BG 182
I had to put new rear lights on mine to cure this - were about £40 each brand new from Renault Wolverhampton.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
last time mine did this it was the earth pin on the connector block on the wiring loom for the drivers side rear cluster. It bends out over the years of lights being removed and refitted and makes poor contact with the actual light cluster bulb holder assembly.

Quick bend back with a small flat blade screwdriver and the push fit is nice and tight again and bingo, fixed