ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foglamp glass protection

182, 205 GTI
Just replacing a fog light AGAIN after being smashed by a stonechip. Is there any decent fog lamp protection you can get as it seems to be a real weak point on the Clio? A mate has a Civic with perspex cutouts that protect the lenses, is there anything similar for the Clio?

182, 205 GTI
I might TBH and just get some blanks fitted. Will improve the 'sleeper' look from the front at least. It's my daily drive and does 70 mile daily trip. My 23 year old 205 is still on it's original driving lamps with not a single chip, Clio ones must be made of sugar glass.

Trophy 182
you can get clear light film off ebay for around £4 which will do the job. its the same stuff as the film people uses to tint their lights yellow on beemers and stuff. should give it a bit more protection.

182, 205 GTI
Good shout, laminate coating might just help with the stone chips. I'll give that a try, if it breaks again I'll give up!

182, 205 GTI
I might contact 3M and see if they can custom cut some stick on cutouts for the Clio, I suspect given that it's such a common problem there might be a fair bit of interest in just sticking on some pre-cut protection...?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.