ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

follow up alarm question....

I want to retro fit a cat 1 thatcham alarm to my sport 172, such as dealer cars have, any suggestions where best place to go?? prices etc.. would a good auto electrician help??

cheers...

adam b.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Check yellow pages and find local places for you that do car alarms. Usually places that do car stereo as well...

Then compare prices and see whats best.

once again, its the age old story, is it an import or not!!!,

to clarify, if it was registered outside uk first then brought into the country its an import... if it has been delivered to uk, and first registered by a broker in sheffield i.e. motor provider, then thats an official uk car the same as going to a main dealer. However, to answer your question, till tI get the car tomorrow, I dont know, I know theree no cat 1 alarm. but there is a renault immobiliser with remote central locking, the alarm guy who works at the import centre says that all 172s have alarms as standard, but maybe not cat 1s, as these are put on afterwards by renault UK....

Megane R26

The Alarm fitted to the 172 is a Cobra bridge 7000 series. exact make 7518 I think . I had one of these fitted at a Renault Dealer for £299 all inclusive. This works with the original key fob. Another make that will fit with the original key fob are Toad alarms.

RM172

im the guy who works at the import centre renault uk the alarm in question is a 2-1 upgrade. 2 is the immobiliser and the 1 is the siren making it a cat 1 alarm thatcham number tc2-1174/0101 renault compact 7895/c.these cat 1 are put on before their get to the dealers

HELLO ANDY.M !

Youre a handy chap to have on the forum.

You havent got a little room over there full of Cup front spoilers, badges and 172 boot nets per chance have you ?? ;)

Oh.. Screwdrivers and jacks too !!!

fao andy m.

as the man in the know, what is the state of the cars when you get them, theres a lot of confusion, we know you upgrade the alarm to cat 1, but by upgrade does that mean that there is a factory fit alarm already, or do you actually fit the first alarm that the car has had...???

TO EVERYONE

THE CARS COME OVER WITH JUST THE IMMOBILISER THE IMMOBILISER IS IN THE KEY.THE CAR DOES NOT HAVE AN ALARM FITTED THE ALARM WE FIT IS A FACTORY UNIT FOR RENAULT. THE ENGLISH MARKET IS DIFFERRENT TO FRANCE AS OUR INSURANCE IS ALOT HIGHER THAN THEIRS SO THEIR HAVE TO BE FITTED AS STANDARD.AND YES WE FIT THE FIRST ALARM THE CAR HAS EVER HAD.DOES THAT ANSWER THE ?