ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foot Pedals

Clio Campus Sport
i hear someware that if you install new foot Pedals say from Halfords or what not then your can wil fail the MOT is this corect?

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i think you might need rubber (metal can go over top) on the acc ped and also peds need to have a gap between (not sure how much tho)

iirc there has to be a 50mm gap between the accelerator and the brake and then the same gap between the brake pedal and the clutch pedal. Just a clearance so that they do not press down at the same time i think.

dont think you need rubber in them though as the RS Clio's dont, they just have metal pedals.

ATS CUP'd Dynamique
I have momo pedals and passed my recent MOT fine.. i think you need some sort of rubber on them for grip but most have rubber designed on them anyway

mini cooper (RIP 172)
dont think you need rubber in them though as the RS Clio's dont, they just have metal pedals.[/quote]

RS's do, if you look under the metal there is a strip of rubber (only on the acc tho)