ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2013

LY 182
Just realised there's not been a post created for FM13 as yet.

I'm very excited for this year's version. What I've found typically with the most recent versions is that I love them at first, getting fully engrossed. Then after a while that sort of fades out, mostly due to the sheer amount of time it takes to play the game.

This year however they are releasing a 'Classic' version. It's a brilliant idea, it's basically just a slimmed down version of the main game. The slimming down aspect comes from removal of time consuming aspects like team talks, press conferences, etc. In effect it should hark back to the days of Champion Manager 01/02 (my personal favourite) where you can really bash through the seasons. I think they say you could do a season in 8-9 hours.

There's a boat load of short videos (around the 3 minute mark) with overviews on the new stuff on the SI Games site - http://www.sigames.com/

Just over a couple weeks til release and I can't bloody wait.

LY 182
I've not bothered with Fifa 13 so I'll be straight on to this when it's out. If the classic mode is anywhere near as addictive as CM 01/02 was this is going to be awesome.

LY 182
Sounds great. Been having a look at what the beta players have been saying and it's very mixed stuff, though I'm sure the full release will iron out the vast majority of problems.

I'm probably going to wait and get it as Christmas present. Black Ops 2 will keep me busy til then.

R14 CUP
This'll be a Christmas present I'm sure - not fussed enough to go out and buy it, nor do I have the time to play a 20 season career as I used to...!

Focus ST-3
Out today.. I'm debating getting it after work and kissing goodbye to my weekend...

Anyone got it yet? any good?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Downloading now - I'll be jumping straight into Classic Mode, as I imagine most 30-somethings will.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I think Handheld is always a bit later.

Classic is good, definitely more suited to the time I have available to play.

No way am I getting this. I'm still addicted to 12 like a f**king idiot. It's the only reason I still have a laptop.

LY 182
No way am I getting this. I'm still addicted to 12 like a f**king idiot. It's the only reason I still have a laptop.

If you're still addicted to 12 I don't see how 13 would make the issue any worse? Just carries on the addiction surely? :eek:

Yes. I need to stop playing it, not buying the newest version and carrying on with the madness.

But on the bright side Watford fans and board love me at the moment for turning their club into an a free-flowing attack-minded, 32 match unbeaten league one side, after resigning as the manager of Barçelona, so alls not bad in the world.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I blame the manager personally...

There's definitely something hinkey going on with the defending in general. Defenders seem to get left for dead constantly. It's a bit like United's current defense :eek:

I got sacked by United in March after about 15 failed attempts at tactics :eek: I'm now playing as some tiny team in Spain.

I like the FM Classic mode, so much nicer to play than the full fat one.

Focus ST-3
im loving it again. Got a bit bored last year, but this year has got me hooked again..

With Arsenal, as usual, and just won the league, came down to the last game, lost 2-1 in champions league final to real madrid, b*****ds..

Had a complete clearout of all the deadwood and about to start season 2!

and it has to be the full fat version - whats the point in playing a scaled back management game?!

LY 182
im loving it again. Got a bit bored last year, but this year has got me hooked again..

With Arsenal, as usual, and just won the league, came down to the last game, lost 2-1 in champions league final to real madrid, b*****ds..

Had a complete clearout of all the deadwood and about to start season 2!

and it has to be the full fat version - whats the point in playing a scaled back management game?!

If you ever played Championship Manager 01/02 you'll know how utterly addictive a scaled down game is!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
FMC is the absolute tits, the full whack game just has too much information in it now to make it half way enjoyable. FMC needs a few tweaks here and there but it's near enough perfick.

Match engine is f**ked as per usual with FM though. First proper match engine patch normally sorts things out.

Focus ST-3
I have played all the old Champ managers and I find the newer FM's to be far better, absolutely love them.

Whats up with the match engine too?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have played all the old Champ managers and I find the newer FM's to be far better, absolutely love them.

Whats up with the match engine too?

The defenders do odd, odd things. They have no pace in comparison to wingers. Wingers have a tendency at the moment to constantly run into the box with the ball, run along the byline and slot the ball in at the keepers near post. I score a goal a game like this. Then there's the constant long shots by the CPU that hit my keeper and always rebound out to the CPU's team, and never to mine.

Defending just needs a bit of a bump and it'll be fine. I've also encountered issues with strikers being clear on goal and passing off to a teammate in a worse position. Get more accurate scorelines at the moment if I generate the matches without the aid of the 3D match engine. Just using commentary I don't get half as many calamity goals.

Focus ST-3
Weird.. I dont get nay of those problems really. Who are you managing? are you sure your defenders aren't just crap?? haha

My wingers often run along the byline and slot the ball in or pass but thats because ive told them not to cross it. And I have only had 1 game where there were more than probably 2 or 3 long shots by the opposition, but they havnt always gone to the other team.

Overall Im pretty happy with it, yeh there are sometimes when players do weird things, but its like that in real life, they wont perform the same every game.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Weird.. I dont get nay of those problems really. Who are you managing? are you sure your defenders aren't just crap?? haha

My wingers often run along the byline and slot the ball in or pass but thats because ive told them not to cross it. And I have only had 1 game where there were more than probably 2 or 3 long shots by the opposition, but they havnt always gone to the other team.

Overall Im pretty happy with it, yeh there are sometimes when players do weird things, but its like that in real life, they wont perform the same every game.

Man United, mostly. ~60 games with them so far, and 45 or so with a lower league Spanish side. I've played a bit too much already :eek:

DCi
I am getting the same thing as Cookie but it's helping my team instead of hindering.

I thought I'd start a Rangers save since I've been stuck in Scotland All week.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I couldnt get the code off Greenmangaming! Kept refusing my payment! I tried 3 cards and payapl!

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Just wondered if anyone has played FM online either 13 or a previous version? I've always noticed it, but never given it any attention. Is it any good? What does it involve? Thanks.