ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Footrest

Clio RS172 Ph2
Guys,

Small question! I am looking for a alloy footrest, but ...

My Clio 172 Ph2 (and much more Clio`s driving around in the Netherlands) dont have the original plastic footrest. Is it possible that this is something for the UK deliverd Clio`s only? Somebody fitted a footrest to a car without original plastic footrest? Because I don`t have the hole(s) for mounting as well. I know I can drill a hole myself, but dont understand why some Clio`s have the original footrest and some dont? Maybe it has something to do with LHD and RHD?

Regards,
Gerben

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Is it left hand drive? I was talking to another member from France that there's a few differences between the left hand drive clios and the right hand drive. He didn't have the footrest either

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Can you not use the Carbon foot rest or is your car still in road trim with carpets etc? Not sure the RHD mount would fit as there's a bracket welded to the shell that the plastic foot rest screws onto.

Don't you have the wheel arch to rest your foot on? :smile:

Clio RS172 Ph2
I am still in road trim with carpets etc.

So in a RHD car there is a special support underneeth the carpet? I am going to remove the carpet a bit then to look whats underneeth. Maybe it is prepared, but there is not a plastic foot rest and also no hole for mounting.

Thanks, I am going to sort it out! And yes, I can use the wheel arch :wink: But I really like the look from a alloy footrest, so thats why.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I will see about getting a photo Gerben. You could always do similar to the Megane 2.0 as this has two metal plates riveted together with the carpet between them. I think I have one I may be able to sell you if it sounds of interest, I'll check.

Clio RS172 Ph2
You mean a photo from the Clio construction? That would be awesome!

The megane footrest is being hold into place by the carpet? No fixation to the shell? Could be an option, but is the footrest really fixed in that case? I am a little bit affraid that it is moving around because the carpet is not strong enough?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Yes i have an empty shell that i can get a photo from.

I cant remember the shape of floor pan on the megane for the two plates that clamp onto the carpet but its alao anoter option for you.

I think the problem you will have is your arch is already raised, so whatever you mount up will stand proud of the line of the carpet so will possibly have to trim a section out.

The right hand drive foot rest mount might be ok if you could trim it down so it just had a small part left on its right side to tack weld onto your wheel arch to give a flat footrest.

I'll get the pictures and will have a look. ;)

Clio RS172 Ph2
Awesome, really like to see some photo`s of the original construction. Maybe I can make a mount myself, when I know how it looks like.

Thanks!