ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For Clio V6 owners.........

GR7

Shiny red R32

How many Clio V6 owners are users or members here?

I was wondering what numbered cars you all have and who has the cars numbered from one to ten?

Clio v6

I think mine is 400 and something ( but never bothered to look ). My mates V6 is a year older than mine and his is 533.

It was the same as the order number given to the dealer.

Just a randomly generated order number maybe?

WARNING !! Dont constantly stare at your car number while your driving.

( Its behind the seats LOL )

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why is it pre-production Ted? How many of these were made? Looks like at least 23.

The number on the Mk1 V6s represent the order number. Many orders were cancelled therefore the number never made it on the car. Apparently the mk2 will be the car number, not the order number like the mk1s.

Not sure about this statement!?!

When I originally ordered my car, October 1998, it was order No.94 but when the car arrived it was car No. 54.

Work that one out??:confused:

Because after they did the V6 experiance day in February 2001, many people, for various different reasons, cancelled their orders!!

Also the length of time, from ordering to delivery (mine took 2years 11months), put people off. I know a guy who had one on order but the delivery date kept getting put back further and further. He eventually gave up waiting, cancelled, and bought a secondhand 911 porker!

Jeremy, I dont doubt you but I have original paper work from Renault saying I was order 94 but, as I say, my car is No. 54, how can this be??

All the MK1 Cars made by TWR in Sweden had the numbered plates attatched as they were finished on the production line.There were I beleive 30 or so PP Cars built for evaluation,presscars etc.My car PP23 was used for suspension and tyre testing.It has its own day book listing all the mods, mileage etc,whilst in TWR Ownership. afriend 0f mine has just purchased PP2 which is the oldest car in existance(pp1 was crushed)MOst of the remaining cars are sitting at Dieppe.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Why are some still sitting in Dieppe when they could be over here?

Ill take care of one as long as it is properly alarmed with the Trackstar thingy!

Would you please organise one for me Jeremy? :D

The cars sitting in Dieppe do not have "certifcates of conformity" that means that they cannot be registered in the UK,or maybe anywhere!!!